Sign in to follow this  
Berlopez

Just updated to windows 8.1

I have just updated to Windows 8.1 so far no issues with my FSX installation which was already installed.

But I have a question?

I have a folder that appeared on the desktop:

dot.Net

it contains:

dotNetFx40_Full_setup.exe

MSINet.nvi

MSNet Ext.dll    Program

What is this?

Is it something I should run/Execute?

berlopez 

What he said...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Probably okay to remove but....

Make sure required Microsoft.net Framework Packages are installed and up-to-date - The appropriate Microsoft.net Framework packages are normally installed when you first install FSX/Acceleration/P3D and commercial add-on programs if the appropriate package is not found.  You will need versions 1.1 through the latest. You can see what versions are installed by going to your Windows Explorer and look for Windows/Microsoft.net/Framework/(then the versions installed). Once the packages are installed, Windows Update will periodically update the packages.  You can verify whether your versions are properly installed and up-to-date by using the .Net Framework Setup Verification Tool User's Guide.  Microsoft.net packages are used by developers to make sure the program runs in the way they intended, including memory management. The packages are, for the most part, not backward compatible.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thank you all for your replies. I removed the folder from my desktop and have verified my .Net framework. I have version 4

Berlopez

Hi all I got back from repairs...Again :mad:  and started my Windows 8 64 computer The repair report only states

that the operating system Locks, goes Down and constantly hangs?

The Work they carried out onthe computer says:

Software corrected, zeroed ( Software operating system).

I sent it back because I lost all contact with the USB HUB for the second time.

After plugging it in yesterday I find

my mail is missing ( Windows Live mail ( Althought I had updated to 8.1 before this misshap) FSX Gold and my browser has been defaulted to BING

Very annoyed.I have lost all the fixes I have had to do since getting this computer and OS.

Berlopez :mad:

What I'd recommend - since you will possibly end up spending more time fixing your computer than reinstalling - is to backup whatever files you have remaining and do a clean install of Windows. This way, all of your drivers will be freshly installed and any software causing your PC to fail will be eliminated.

Of course, it's up to you, but if my hardware drivers stopped responding and I felt like my software was suspiciously altered, I would rather just backup and restart.

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

So far I got most working Mail and Skype I haven't got round to reinstalling FSX\Gold yet as this si time consumming and I am very busy with other more urgent Family matters at the moment.

I ma also tryint to get Defender to Work in this computer and tryint to find how to uninstall Kasperski...

Berlopez