Sign in to follow this  
Rob Ainscough

P3DV2 raw and unedited ...

Tonight’s flight was stormy and windy coming out of Flightbeams KSFO (it was one of Orbx weather themes that comes with FTX 1.1).  It was a 4pm start, I had no plan, I had no clearance – just wanted to fly. 

The thunder shook my house (or was it the big subwoofer) -- yes I was entertaining myself, shame on me.  I Taxi out to the closest runway, checked my belts and off I go ... not a single word to ATC ... this was a one way flight and I had the upperhand ... the Esc key.

On rollout, the lightening reflected off the SF/Bay water as it light up the surrounding area.  I continued my climb battling the wind and heading to what I always head to on my test flight, the Golden Gate Bridge.  As I proceed, I gazed out the cockpit watching the lightening, I felt I was there, I was a part of the storm.   

As I approached the bridge I wanted to capture it's beauty with the traffic casting shadows across the span ... a sudden flash of lightening turned those shadows into brightness.  Flying low over the water next to the bridge trying gazing at the reflections over the water surface,  I turned my Beechcraft A36 and head for Alcatraz.  

Staying low so I could get a sense of speed over the Bay waves,  scanning the trees and buildings reflecting on the water.  I'm heading past the city and make a right turn towards the direction of sun.   I start a climb in my quest to get above the clouds and embrace the warm glow that is the sun ... 

I would have flown all night, but I felt I needed to share this short moment as there has been a lot of negativity towards this release of P3D.  I wanted to show what is possible and what is only going to get better with time.

Rob

P.S.  Recorded at 2560 x 1600, but YouTube downsized to 1080p

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I find it really hard to watch these vids and not try to manipulate the view with my own hat switch  :lol:

Nice vid!

Thanks gents, it's a little long ... I just got a little carried away.

Looks like YouTube made it available in it's original screen size 2560 x 1600, be sure to select that size if you can.