Sign in to follow this  
Benoit01

FSBuilder tutorial not showing images

Hello again. Getting pretty enthusiastic about this simulator now. I downloaded the tutorial by Luis Feliz-Tirado and I just can't wait to do some new stuff. The only problem is that the images don't show up. I googled (can't believe this is a verb now!!)but the information is a little above my head. So if anybody can help a newbie, still at the bottom of the very steep learning curve, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Benoit

Hi Benoit;

I think you mean "SBuilder", right?

What images are you talking about? There are images in just about every one of the folders inside SBuilder, and yes - it's a steep learning curve. Much better to ask for help on the FSDeveloper.com forum, or on the Avsim site - http://forum.avsim.net/forum/123-msfs-scenery-design-forum/

Regards,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I am sorry Paul. You are correct. It is Sbuilder. I have been reading so many things with FS, FSX, S...

The pictures that are missing are the ones that I am supposed to see as I go through the document. They only appear as broken links (a sheet torn in half). All the pictures are in the same folder as the tutorial but it seems like they don't get picked up when the tutorial goes to html form. I will certainely look at the FS(there we go again...lol)developer site.

Cheers,

Benoit

This enterprise of mine is getting worse by the minute. I open SBuilder x313 and now I have this message

Access to the path:'C:\Program files(x86) Sbuilderx313\Tools\bglcomp.exe is denied

This means I can play with it but can get it to compile.

Wow. Even googling (lol) it did not give me answers.

Cheers,

Benoit

Now I have

Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.

and it shuts down. I uninstalled and reinstalled three times so far. To no avail.

Maybe I should take up knitting....lol....noway.

Cheers,

Ben

Solved it again. I installed sbuilder to desktop. It works now. The next step is to ensure that the files are compiled properly and sent to FSX. Sorry if this thread reads more like a diary but it is quite an adventure. I think I will go back to build my homemade cockpit instead.:)

Looking forward to see your first scenery project.  Keep at it.  I think the last problem was because of Sbuilder lacking admin rights to write anything inside the Program Files (x86) folder.  Anyway, you solved it by installing it elsewhere.  Hopefully your original problem with the broken links to the tutorial pictures is also solved.  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library