Sign in to follow this  
HaraldG

Dreamfleet 727 and Windows 7

isn't the ATR 72 for FS9 and FSX though, I don't have that one yet but have looked at it a couple times

I don't know about the ATR myself, but I remember one fellow simmer reporting the very same problem here at the forum.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

yes it is for both you use the same purchase key for both.....I would hope Paul Goldberg might show up and maybe offer some ideas.....or maybe a solution.....

Indeed, this would be nice, but I have no hope for this. The problem was reported in the DF727 support forum but without response from Paul (the lack of answers there actually was the cause to post here. And, by the way, with my last post there I obviously was on a false path).

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

I don't think Paul is going to put any more effort into the FS9 727 and frankly I haven't found the lack of the kneeboard to be an issue - I don't think I've ever used it on any of the many aircraft in my hanger.  As far as stability goes, with the exception of the kneeboard, the aircraft works very well under Win7 x64.

DJ

Try this go to your FS9 exe and highlight it right click go to the compatibility tab  and set it to run in compatibility for windows 7 and set to run as administrator. Click apply, and ok

It worked for me

Your mileage may vary

win7_zps08efbc2b.png

Hi,

this is wonderful. It worked for me, too. Thank you so much!

Best regards,

Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

The only downside is that in Win7 compatibility mode FS9 crashs when exiting the simulator at logbook prompt. With flight time logging set to off, all works fine.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

I'm glad you got this sorted out Harald. With your love of classic jetliners, you are going to have enormous pleasure with this addon. Have fun my friend!

Hi Ian,

thanks for your good wishes. Indeed, I had much pleasure so far; I have flown many hours with the 727 since I discovered her one year ago.

Unfortunately, although Captthud's fix solved the problem with the kneeboard, it created new ones, regarding the whole sim. As I reported in another thread, apart from the logbook problem I got strange optical effects as a very shaded, greyish display even in clear wheather, particularly in spot view. I didn't realize this not earlier until I did some FPS tests for different purposes from outside the cockpit with wheather cleared. This effect was so disgusting that I had to abandon Windows7 compatibility mode; and subsequently my kneeboard problem occurs again. For those who never use kneeboard this may be no problem at all. For me it is one, because of English being not my origin language I used to read what ATC had adviced if I didn't understand it exactly from time to time (I use the ATC accelerated by EditVoicePack). The reflex to toggle the kneeboard returned from time to time with the 727 too, and there were some "kneeboard incidents" after hours of flying... I have to mention that the kneeboard is a fine tool to read ATC commands for your evening flight while a little boy tries to report his kindergarten events...

However, I decided to leave my 727 time as lucky episode and to look for another "favourite plane" as long as there's no way to have proper graphics under Win7 compatibility mode (logbook is no problem at all). The Tu-134 and the Yak-40 are hot candidates. Sky Simulations' DC-9 is another option.

On yourself, what's the progress of your cockpit building project? Did you come back to fly more often again?

All the best to you,

Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Update, I had the problem that the kneeboard froze fs9. I am using windows 7 64bit. I unistalled internet explorer and solved the problem so far. I use google chrome so I dont need internet explorer. 

Just a lowly FS9'er. 

Hey guys, can anyone tell me if the Dreamfleet Piper Archer II works with Windows 7 64 bit? I know it is not officially supported but the Baron 58 works fine on my system except for the garmin. I'm interested in that plane but not sure if it will work. Has anyone tried it? Thanks,

Raul.

I fly the Dreamfleet Piper Archer II and find that the carb heat lever doesn't work, no matter what I try.  Some of the older stuff can give the odd glitch or two in Windows 7.  So I just live with it.  Nothing is ever going to separate me from my beloved FS9!!

Dijvid

Thanks for the input Dijvid. I also still like to fly in FS9. I may take a leap of faith in the Piper Archer II even though it can be a hit or miss. We'll see.