FSXDan

How to run Active Sky 2012 AND Next?

Hey Everyone!!

Ok so, im basically running these three programs:

1. Ultimate Terrain X - USA & Europe

2. Active Sky 2012

3. Active Sky Next

4. PMDG 737-800 NGX

My question is this...How can I run all these 3 at once, really Ultimate Terrain X I dont believe requres anything open, but I leave the setup tools open anyways (correct me if I dont need to). 

Then I tried to JUST run Active Sky Next from KLAX to KSEA, I did a flight plan on simroutes.com flying a PMDG 737-800 NGX. I downloaded the FSX and PMDG flight plans and with Next I entered it into the flight plan window. But nowhere can i find the CRUISE/WIND numbers like I would in Active Sky 2012 to enter into my FMC, where is this??

Lastly, Do I need to run Active Sky 2012 as well? I used to simply go to Flight Plan in 2012, import the plan and it would download the textures for a few minutes, with next I dont see this happen, so do I have to run the flight plan in 2012, and also next, with both open THEN open FSX and try and fly?

Im just so confused on what to do while having both plans, do I take the CRZ/WND from 2012 too, or Next (again dont know where to find it),

and how do I pull up that window I see in all the youtube videos that show the radar with buttons on the side?

Please if someone can get back to me, I wanna get flying!! Thanks!!

Daniel Maris

but I leave the setup tools open anyways (correct me if I dont need to). 

Dont do that, there is no need to leave the setup tools open when using FSX.  Once you install the options you want in FSX from UTX they are there forever or until you change them. Same with AS2012, if you install cloud sets or a sky set, then there is no reason to open it again, unless you want to use the weather from it rather than the weather from ASN. Dont keep them open at the same time or it can cause problems because each will be trying to inject weather into the sim.

But nowhere can i find the CRUISE/WIND numbers like I would in Active Sky 2012 to enter into my FMC, where is this??

That info is in the briefing page at the top.

Lastly, Do I need to run Active Sky 2012 as well?

No. Just use create the flight plan using either a flight planner and save it and import it into ASN or use the ASN planner.

I strongly recommend that you read the PDF that comes with ASN so you can get a better idea of how to work the program since most of the information you're asking about the program is in the manual.

Lastly, if you want to insert textures for every flight like you did with AS2012, then you can simply load AS2012, create your flight, load the textures you want. Once the textures are installed, close AS2012 and open ASN, reload or re-do you flight plan and then start FSX. Don't run UTX or leave the UTX program open when using FSX as its not needed and was not designed to be open when FSX is running, and absolutely dont have AS2012 and ASN running at the same time.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Cheers mate that was extremely helpful, will indulge in the manual but I appreciate the quick response!

now time to fly!!

Daniel Maris