Sign in to follow this  
Barthandelus

Hand flying approaches - practice

Hi Guys,

Im looking for some help setting up various practice scenarios for landings. I would like to position the plane in the air (say, 45° to the runway at 3000ft about 10nm out, alt hold on, AT on, etc.), pause and then save the flight. That way, when i need to try the approach again, i can just reload the flight and soft-disconnect the AP and not have to set fuel, take off, position, etc. My question is, does the 777 / 737 NGX support saving midlfight? I know we need to load a default aircraft first (i have the aircreation glider spinning on the screen before i hit Fly Now anyway).

Maybe pausing the sim, saving FSX and saving a panel state?

Thanks, and happy Christmas!

-A

Yes you can save a panelstate midflight.

Why are you doing a default aircraft first? I do not recall this being needed. Where did you get this info?

Page 0.00.29 of the Introduction manual. This default aircraft is the one that is loaded before i press Fly Now after FSX loads. When the Free Flight screen appears with the AirCreation, i then select the PMDG aircraft, and then hit Fly Now.

Im looking for some help setting up various practice scenarios for landings. I would like to position the plane in the air (say, 45° to the runway at 3000ft about 10nm out, alt hold on, AT on, etc.), pause and then save the flight. That way, when i need to try the approach again, i can just reload the flight and soft-disconnect the AP and not have to set fuel, take off, position, etc. My question is, does the 777 / 737 NGX support saving midlfight? I know we need to load a default aircraft first (i have the aircreation glider spinning on the screen before i hit Fly Now anyway).

Hi, Adrian,

You should be able to just save the flight using the FSX save function for either aircraft.  You shouldn't need to save and reload the panel state separately.  The panel state is saved in a subfolder of FSX>PMDG every time you do an FSX save and reloaded when you reload the flight in FSX in the usual way.  Just load a default aircraft such as the ultralite in between reloads of your 777 or NGX flight so you don't load the 777 or NGX on top of itself.  A default Cessna works as well (at least on my system). 

If this doesn't work, check that you are running FSX in "run as administrator" mode.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi Guys,

Maybe pausing the sim, saving FSX and saving a panel state?

Thanks, and happy Christmas!

Don't practice your landings too much Adrian.

The fly-by wire is wrong in terms of trimming.

I'm still trying to determine if PMDG have indeed fixed the issue for the first service pack. Ryan said they had, however, in the pinned bug list the issue is still down as under investigation.

If the have, then your landing experience will be different.