Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HiFlyer

Silly SkyMaXX Tricks: An experiment

So. I saw a picture on the P3d forum About the volumetric fog, accompanied by a picture of a large city's skyscrapers just peeking above a layer of low hanging fog. Could it be repeated in X-plane? It seemed it might be simple, but in actuality the cloud top apparently cannot be lower than 2k feet. There is probably some tricky way to overcome that, but I was not able to do it. Here is what I could do, but I wonder if anyone could match that picture currently, in X-plane.........

ywjq.jpg

b4zb.jpg

b0dc.jpg

hk7o.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

That's an "old" problem with the cloud layers in X-plane, that appart from cirrus type, can only be at least 2k thick :-(

I continue to believe that new datarefs have to be created in order for weather modelling to be possible with the same quality and detail that we now have in FSX.

You might get it a little lower by reducing the maximum cloud size setting in SkyMaxx Pro...

You might get it a little lower by reducing the maximum cloud size setting in SkyMaxx Pro...

Yah, it was one of the things I tried, but apparently SkyMaXX doesn't override X-plane default in that instance.