Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FINXPAS

ADD-Ons: all mixed up newb trying to avoid duplication.

What's a good mix of add-ons... I'm all mixed up.

Example:

What does FTX Global provide that REX4 texture Direct doesn't ... are they addressing totally different aspect of visuals.?

Are there any incompatibilities between 3rd party add-ons from different vendors ?

REX4 is going to offer a suite of 4 products: weather engine, textures... this approach might be a good one for compatibility.

What is active sky AS2012 ?

If you can post your working add-on assembly that would be appreciated :)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

My addon assembly:

FTX Global, Active Sky Next, SweetFX.

--

FTX Global is a ground texture replacement and night time lighting software.

By ground texture replacement, I mean the terrain's textures.

REX goes to the extent of changing the airport's textures,  water textures and cloud textures. The two do not clash.

AS2012 is a weather engine. It generates and injects weather into the simulator which is far more accurate and realistic as compared to the default FSX weather generator. A new iteration is out called Active Sky Next. It's definitely a revolution in terms of weather effects, and I for one love it. Fantastic piece of software.

REX4 and Opus are all I'm using right now. I had FTX Global installed but removed it because of the 'white box' syndrome which I hope is resolved soon. I'm very much enjoying the REX4/Opus combo in p3dv2. Toss in a couple of Carenado and Quality Wings aircraft and my FSX install is stagnating.

Cheers,    

Greg