Sign in to follow this  
larsumm

Prepar3d site posting

Hi all,

I just posted this topic on the Prepar3d fourm.

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, so hope I'm in the right place. My son bought me Prepared for C'mas (at my request) and was eager to see it compared to FSX. Install went well and was able to set some settings, and found it was much like FSX.
But when I went to trying to fly, it came up with a military jet going in circles around some airport and I could do nothing to control it.

I know this is a new product to some extent, but expected it to be some what stable. I finally was able to select a new aircraft (while the jet was spinning) and select a new airport. The engines were already running and somehow got it flying, but not from the runway, it just went airborn somehow.

From what I was able to determine was, it looked great, was smooth and flew great. While I was later setting up my Saitek yoke, pedals, and throttle quad, which by the way, only the fuel mix worked, after calibration that went OK. My setup includes 3 monitors, main for scenery and the other two for instr's. Some how all 3 monitors went into widescreen showing scenery and no matter what I did, it stayed that way.

Another point, when I was able to get a steady view in the Baron 58, I was able to get the main panel up, but was unable to move it to other monitor. I saw the mouse pointer in the other screen, but not the panel.

I did, by mistake load my 32 bit win 7 by mistake, instead of the 64 bit I wanted to after mt SSD drive went out the day before I installed PrePar3d, but it is still suppose to run in 32 bit?

I can't remember all of what went wrong, but I can say I was very, very, very, disapointed in Prepar3d v2. I uninstalled it and went back to FSX. I intent to put the 64 bit win 7 back on my computer later and keep trying hoping at some point it will work. I am running a AMD 8 core cpu and a GEFORCE GTX 660, 2 GB MEMORY CARD, so I'm sure I can handle Prepar3d.

Anyone who has any ideas, I'd like to hear them, so I can get this going. I believe it is in my future to use this sim. What I can't understand, is why the stayed with the 32 bit and not advance to the 64 bit, so more memory could be used, which, I beleive would help in a big way.

Thanks,

Larry

I just wanted them to know the difficulity I had with their product, not to grip. Having this much trouble, I wouldn't think, is wide spread? As I told them, I'll install the 64 bit os and try again. What little I did see in my short flight was exciting and can't wait to really get it going. In my later years, I have learned to be more patience.

Larry

It's a known bug even with 64-bit Win 7.

Sorry to ask this but are you using the AMD FX 8350-8320 by any chance ? can you tell me the performance on FSX with that chip ? Overclocked or stock? this question is just for my knowledge as I have the FX 6300 and does not concern the Nvidia GPU .

I don't have p3d but I am deciding between X plane 10 and P3d.

From I have read P3d is nothing but the redone  engine from FSX so it has remained on the 32 bit system, yes they should have come out with a 64 bit. Hmmm 32 bit !

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Hi all,

I just posted this topic on the Prepar3d fourm.

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, so hope I'm in the right place. My son bought me Prepared for C'mas (at my request) and was eager to see it compared to FSX. Install went well and was able to set some settings, and found it was much like FSX.

But when I went to trying to fly, it came up with a military jet going in circles around some airport and I could do nothing to control it.

I know this is a new product to some extent, but expected it to be some what stable. I finally was able to select a new aircraft (while the jet was spinning) and select a new airport. The engines were already running and somehow got it flying, but not from the runway, it just went airborn somehow.

From what I was able to determine was, it looked great, was smooth and flew great. While I was later setting up my Saitek yoke, pedals, and throttle quad, which by the way, only the fuel mix worked, after calibration that went OK. My setup includes 3 monitors, main for scenery and the other two for instr's. Some how all 3 monitors went into widescreen showing scenery and no matter what I did, it stayed that way.

Another point, when I was able to get a steady view in the Baron 58, I was able to get the main panel up, but was unable to move it to other monitor. I saw the mouse pointer in the other screen, but not the panel.

I did, by mistake load my 32 bit win 7 by mistake, instead of the 64 bit I wanted to after mt SSD drive went out the day before I installed PrePar3d, but it is still suppose to run in 32 bit?

I can't remember all of what went wrong, but I can say I was very, very, very, disapointed in Prepar3d v2. I uninstalled it and went back to FSX. I intent to put the 64 bit win 7 back on my computer later and keep trying hoping at some point it will work. I am running a AMD 8 core cpu and a GEFORCE GTX 660, 2 GB MEMORY CARD, so I'm sure I can handle Prepar3d.

Anyone who has any ideas, I'd like to hear them, so I can get this going. I believe it is in my future to use this sim. What I can't understand, is why the stayed with the 32 bit and not advance to the 64 bit, so more memory could be used, which, I beleive would help in a big way.

Thanks,

Larry

I just wanted them to know the difficulity I had with their product, not to grip. Having this much trouble, I wouldn't think, is wide spread? As I told them, I'll install the 64 bit os and try again. What little I did see in my short flight was exciting and can't wait to really get it going. In my later years, I have learned to be more patience.

Larry

Larry, I think we all had experiences similar to yours when we first fired up P3D. There is a patch coming next week that will address quite a few issues. P3D is just like FSX but there are a few differences that can make you crazy. I would suggest you spend some time reading the forums here at AVSIM as well as on the LM site. Tons of very useful information. One thing important...For right now I suggest you not stick in a bunch of add on programs until developers have the time to fix and adjust a few bugs. P3D looks like FSX but under the hood there is a ton of difference.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Most problems can be taken care off easily. These are just new user startup problems.  ^_^ The spinning plane has to do with the default flight being saved at the wrong moment: it's not a real bug (as some call it). Just set things up the way you want it and save that situation as the new default flight. The cause of you starting in the air is probably due to you (accidently) moving the little plane icon on the map when you were selecting another location. And you REALLY have to install W 64 bit: the program is still 32 bit but on a 64 bit OS you can let it use 4 GB of VAS which you will really need.

All in all nothing really bad happened but that's my view on it now I KNOW how things work LOL and what can go wrong. But all in all there is nothing to be afraid off even though things may have looked terrible.

One tip: before you install W7 64 bit be sure to actually uninstall P3D 2.0 on your 32 bit OS otherwise you won't be able to activate the new install of P3D (at least not without mailing LM and having to wait for a day). Uninstalling it will tell the LM servers the sim is free to be installed on another PC or OS.

ironmaiden,

You would have to have been involved and used P3d, v1.4 for awhile - It was much better than all the tweaking with FSX, which was good for it's time, but the tweaking was endless and

MS was not going to ever support it again.  Once I moved to P3d, minimal tweaking, smoother, and a company that was going to continue to develop the product.  LM has indeed listened to

many folks as to problems, needs, and with version 2.0, well it's just the beginning.  I have one tweak with v2, and that's adding AffinityMask=14.......that's it and it runs very well....

and v2 is "not just a dressed up" FSX code.

Try it out for a month and decide for yourself.

Tom

ironmaiden,

You would have to have been involved and used P3d, v1.4 for awhile - It was much better than all the tweaking with FSX, which was good for it's time, but the tweaking was endless and

MS was not going to ever support it again.  Once I moved to P3d, minimal tweaking, smoother, and a company that was going to continue to develop the product.  LM has indeed listened to

many folks as to problems, needs, and with version 2.0, well it's just the beginning.  I have one tweak with v2, and that's adding AffinityMask=14.......that's it and it runs very well....

and v2 is "not just a dressed up" FSX code.

Try it out for a month and decide for yourself.

Tom

Lol I never meant that P3d is not good, but IMO it is still the FSX base with OF COURSE loads of new stuff and stability .

I just answered the OP's one question about P3d being a 32 bit sim. :)

And Yes I am going to try it out for a month.

ironmaiden,

Thanks - I apologize if I came across the wrong way.  I DO understand you were answering a question and being informative.

You know, we all have seen so many negative threads and bashing of a product that's "not even released", and when they are released, it just gets worse. Wish some folks were more positive.

You are correct - P3D is still an FSX base, for now, but at least we have a big player vendor who is there to really help us and make a good product the best it can be.

Tom

ironmaiden,

Thanks - I apologize if I came across the wrong way.  I DO understand you were answering a question and being informative.

You know, we all have seen so many negative threads and bashing of a product that's "not even released", and when they are released, it just gets worse. Wish some folks were more positive.

You are correct - P3D is still an FSX base, for now, but at least we have a big player vendor who is there to really help us and make a good product the best it can be.

Tom

Hey no offense taken :) these things happen here all the time :)

Not to go off the OP's topic but LM should have been out with a 64 bit version after 1.4 and that would really have been game ON.

Lets hope everyone comes out happy.

OP stay on Win 7 64 bit.

The spinning plane has to do with the default flight being saved at the wrong moment: it's not a real bug (as some call it). Just set things up the way you want it and save that situation as the new default flight. The cause of you starting in the air is probably due to you (accidently) moving the little plane icon on the map when you were selecting another location.

I think what the OP described is the full throttle bug which occurs on start-up before the user has had a chance to do anything.

I think what the OP described is the full throttle bug which occurs on start-up before the user has had a chance to do anything.

Yes, that's what I am referring too. ^_^ Imho and afaik it's not a real bug but they simply created a default flight with the throttle full open. If it was a bug you wouldn't be able to simply solve it but you can so I call it a stupid mistake. :P

Funny I didn't even know that was a bug.  I thought all planes started out full throttle until you set something up.  I've been to busy jumping the Piper between two local airports to really look into specifics.

I should probably adjust some things.

it's not a real bug but they simply created a default flight with the throttle full open. If it was a bug you wouldn't be able to simply solve it but you can so I call it a stupid mistake.

Surely that is bug - except for those in denial?

Oxford dictionary defines a computer bug as "an error in a computer program or system" and Merriam Webster as "an unexpected defect, fault, flaw, or imperfection"

Even Lockheed martin states it's a bug

Bug - Full throttle issue on starting flights regardless of throttle position

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=4373