Sign in to follow this  
louiskb

Fatal Error as soon as FSX starts up.

Hello! This is my first post on the avsim forums and unfortunately it has to be a CTD! I have been using FSX for over a year now with very few problems, I have various addons such as Airbus X, Several Aerosoft and flyTampa sceneries and quite a few freeware sceneries. I also have the saitek throttle quadrant and Logitech extreme 3D Joystick, so as you can see I have invested quite a lot of money into flightsim. So, the problem first started about a week ago when I flew from Gatwick to Frankfurt and back in the Airbus X, when I was back at Gatwick I set up for another flight up to Edinburgh and took off. After about 10 minutes I got a fatal error message and fsx crashed. I was dissapointed, I had thought that my fatal errors had been fixed but evidently not. I restarted and FSX loaded the `Free flight menu' and fatal errored again, it now does this every time I start it. I have no idea what the problem is, let alone how to fix it! So I have scoured the internet and tried the following:

.-Running the repair option on disk 1.

-Deleting the FSX.CFG.

-Deleting the Logbook.bin.

-Renaming  addon scenery. 

-Removing addon aircraft.

-Defragmenting

I have also ran appcrashview and the exeption code provided was 0x0000005 which I am lead to believe is something to do with memory?

I am really, really, really hoping to avoid a reinstall here. I would be so grateful to anybody that can offer any help or advise regarding this, Thanks!
Louis 

------------------------------------------

My specs

Computer - Asus A5tf

3gb RAM

Windows 7

Intel core i3

Running the repair option on disk 1

When you did the repair option, did you fully complete the repair and also run the repair for SP1 and SP2.  If you have Acceleration, you just need to repair FSX and Acceleration.

You need to copy and paste the AppCrashView report here for analysis. 

You state you have Windows 7 installed.  Is it the 64 bit or the 32 bit version?  Only 3GB's of RAM?

If FSX crashes at the startup screen (free flight screen), then you do not have Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 installed.  See the AVSIM CTD Guide for instructions on making sure this is properly installed.  If FSX is crashing after you hit the GoFly button, then you need to tell us at what percentage FSX loaded and what was loading (terrain, etc.).  This provides a clue as to what is causing the crashes.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10