Sign in to follow this  
Adz82

747 FSX

Hi, does anybody have any ideas on how to lower the nose pitch on the 747 400 on FSX? It just dosn't seem right I'm flying at 37000 ft and there are vapour trails coming off the end of both wings. I guess this is because the nose is too high for cruising speed. Thnx

What 747-400 are you flying, what's your gross weight, and what pitch attitude are you seeing. 3-5 degrees is normal, but without much information to go on, it's hard to say what's going on.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I have no clue on how to fix your problem, but I would advise that you google ifly 747 FSX, and download that one. It is a far better simulation of the plane and is free. 

You are probably cruising too high. 37,000ft is a bit high for a fully loaded 747. That could be the reason you are seeing vapour trails! 

Please don't PM me for support. If anything, it would be a lot faster to post your issues here since other people may be able to help you faster than I can. PMing me means only I can see it and seeing as I am not at my computer all the time, you could be waiting for a while.

But to answer your question, yes, I am fully aware it is the Boeing 747, as I certainly don't know of any Airbus 747, do you? But based on your additional question of how to download aircraft, I'm going to assume you were using the default Boeing 747-400 that came with the simulator. As Ryan suggested, you may want to try the iFly Boeing 747-400. It is free. Other than that, you still haven't given me much information to work with aside from answering one out of three questions that I had asked. It is possible that you were too heavy to be flying at flight level 370, but without knowing what your gross weight was, it's impossible for me to say whether this is what happened or not. The iFly Boeing 747-400 comes with an FMC which, if programmed properly, will tell you your optimum cruise altitude and maximum cruise altitude for your given weight.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

As far as I am aware, the (unusually high) pitch attitude of the default 747 is due to some flaw in the flight dynamics. The freeware program FlusiFix (availble from http://www.wolfgang-picheta.de/) has a fix for that. But as has been suggested, the iFly 747 is much more accurate in any regard, and it still is freeware!