Andreas Stangenes

Mystical Concorde

2014-1-5_20-52-12-68copy.jpg
2014-1-5_20-55-36-437copy.jpg
2014-1-5_14-13-31-811copy.jpg
2014-1-3_17-39-10-531copy.jpg
2014-1-4_15-48-14-234copy.jpg
2014-1-5_16-58-38-412copy.jpg

Just thought I'd share some more of my passion for flying museums :) I really enjoy this wonderful swan of an aircraft. It was highly futuristic back in the 50s and 60s when she was being planned and built. She is of course an old lady today, and very (!) different to manage than modern liners. I didn't fly her for a while, but discovering the pleasures of managing the fuel on my own during the flight really makes a 3 hour flight go by in no time at all. She has an intricate system of 13 fuel tanks and a major part of it all is to manage the fuel flow between these tanks during flight. Well, enough of my ramblings. I hope you enjoyed some of the screenies I took lately.

Andreas

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Nice shots (too bad no cockpit grabs tho!!)

The ITVV DVD always amazes me. As I heard once, they had more astronauts than they did Concorde pilots.

Amazing aircraft, which I miss seeing flying over for real... and hearing the sound of the sonic boom twice a day, rattling the windows... what a plane!..

Great pics that stirs the memories.

Thanks alot for your feedback, guys! I enjoy flying her, and I appreciate other people who also enjoy the uniqueness that is, in fact, Concorde :)

Do any of you have any experience flying her (in the sim of course :lol: ) and perhaps on vatsim? If you do, feel free to drop me a note as I'd love to get into contact with you to share experiences.

Andreas

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78