Sign in to follow this  
antonmorse

FSX freezes until I close MCE, then all is ok

Does anyone else suffer this? I have also had the problem with previous versions & on my old pc, and it would be good to get to the cause of it.

All starts well, & voice recognition is excellent. I get clearance, pushback, and co-pilot Travis is responding to pretty much 99.9%+ commands. Then, during taxi to the active, or during takeoff, I lose use of my PTT button, it just ceases to work. Then everything freezes, FSX included. But if I close the MCE program, FSX then immediately un-freezes and I can continue the flight. I can then restart MCE, and it works for a while longer before doing the same thing again.

It has happened before (old pc - different mobo, AMD 960 3ghz quad, 8gb 800mhz ram, HD7950) and I uninstalled MCE plus a few other progs (FSCaptain, UT2, maybe others), then installed in a different order. Eventually I get an install that works very well with zero problem.

I now have a new system, (i7 4770k, 8gb 2133mhz ram, HD7950) and the same problem.

It feels like a seizure due to memory or software conflict but I would just like to find out what the best order of installation is as I know it all works perfectly once I hit the right combination.

Definitely in use when I hit this problem: MCE, UT2, JustFlight A318, FSGlobalX, FSDT KLAS, GSX.

Also installed but not always being used at the time: FSCaptain, iFly737NG, DBS GPS.

I'm quite prepared to go through the trial and error process again, but just wondered if FS++ or anyone else might have any shortcut solution? :)

Cheers

Keith

Hi Keith,

From your description of the issue, it does seem that it is unrelated to MCE but rather points to another program running a routine in the background. I would start with your antivirus program, try excluding FSX and MCE and any other program you run with your simulator from being scanned by Antivirus while those programs are running, also add their folders locations to the excluded list of your Antivirus program.

Cheers Jethro

Thanks for the suggestion Jethro, but then surely that would happen every single time, and would not allow me to run at all, whereas I can fly normally for several minutes at a time? As stated, I have also had the whole lot running perfectly in the past when I have somehow found the 'magical' installation order. But it definitely is worth doing what you say thanks, I will add them to the excluded list to eliminate this as a possibility.

A reinstall of MCE, so it is the last thing installed, seems to have solved it, just flown KLAS to KLAX with no sign of the problem  :)

That is great news Keith, was the good result after trying the Antivirus exclude or along with the reinstall of MCE.

Cheers Jethro

Unfortunately I spoke too soon, it happened again, so I am putting it all in the AV exclude list and see what happens.

Also going to try a small Windows Process Priority manager I used once before which might help. With so many addons running, it might help to lower the priority of some of them and raise MCE a bit.

im having the same problem, tried removing it from anti virus and still freezes, im only runnung the airbus extended x version....and new to MCE, if i start it after ive loaded fsx and the aircraft is at a gate, it still freezes with [MCE] checking for changes to aircraft. its getting frustrating now

I'm not sure if it is the same problem. For me, MCE works fine from the gate, and usually up to takeoff. Then suddenly the Comm switch stops working and everything freezes including FSX. When I close MCE, FSX then continues working where it left off.

Anyway, I seem to have fixed it, don't know if this will help you.

1)I disabled hyperthreading in my bios. So my i7-4770k is now running with 4 cores instead of 8 virtual cores.

2) I downloaded a small utility called Bill2's process manager. Using this, I set MCE at slightly higher priority than everything else. Since then I have done two flights now without a freeze, so it's early days but one or both of those things seem to have helped, but time will tell.

im having the same problem, tried removing it from anti virus and still freezes, im only runnung the airbus extended x version....and new to MCE, if i start it after ive loaded fsx and the aircraft is at a gate, it still freezes with [MCE] checking for changes to aircraft. its getting frustrating now

After downloading and unzipping the Aerosoft specific MCE edition, make sure you run "InstallMCE.exe" instead of "xPack.msi".

The latter will eventually install MCE, but will not copy the required files to FSX installation folder.

You should have fsInsider.dll in same folder as "fsx.exe"

You should also have a <MCE dlls> folder in FSx installation folder containing 1 dll for interaction with the AXE.

Suggest you restore to factory settings

Start->All Programs->Multi Crew Experience->Tools->Restore factory settings.

That will prompt you to run the wizard again. No need for speech training though.

Confirm up and running.

Thanks

MCE up and running now,  Thanks for the post FS++ 

Also for anyone else having the same problems quick way to solve it is check see if you have a folder MCE dlls in your fsx directory, if not copy and paste them from your unzipped MCE folder straight into your fsx directory!

Glad it's working for you, all my mce.dlls & fsinsider are where they are supposed to be so that was a different problem to mine.