Sign in to follow this  
apollomaker

FMS Functionality

But note, as you can see from the snipped that Nuno included, this isn't a navdata update, it's an enroute VOR/NDB update.  No SIDS/STARS, waypoints, airways, ILS or other on-airport navaids are updated.  Note that if you use the built-in flight planning tool from FSX, you probably don't want to do this as it largely breaks it.  Read the caveats on the site carefully.

Don't get me wrong, I use the updates and think they're great - just be aware of what they give, don't give and what the tradeoffs are.

Scott

Hello All ----

Well, I have tried both configurations and they work fine. FMS or RXP GNS. Thanks for all the comments and help.

Cheers!!

Hi everybody I am having a problem flying the aircraft to follow the FMS flight plan. According to the manual you press Nav make sure the GPS is not working as they say you cannot operate both at the same time.Can someone enlighten me at what I am doing wrong

There is also a Nav button on the top right of the FMS. This activates the plan in the FMS.  Then you press the Nav button on the Autopilot and the FMS is in control.

My problem is that at the selected alitude the aircraft oscllates about 500fpm up and down rather than stabilising on the altitude.