Sign in to follow this  
Kaboki

Blurries in addon sceneries...

I just installed Gibraltar X and Mykonos X in P3Dv2 and having problems with blurries. The framerates  are good and everything runs smoothly but parts of the scenery won't load properly, even when I pause the SIM the terrain won't load..

Anyone else struggling with this? or have any tips howto get rid of the blurries?

I also have another problem with Mykonos, Im missing alot of autogen in some parts of the island....

Help appriciated :mellow:

post-263157-0-18986100-1389349924.jpg

I had the same blurriness problem, AffinityMask=252 straightened it right out. (under [JOBSCHEDULER])

Missing autogen may be because it's not P3D2 native autogen, I had some problems with that too, it looked like suppression in certain areas but there was nothing around to suppress autogen and the same scenery in FSX didn't have the problem. Running my agn files through the P3D2 annotator seems to have fixed that but that's all I'll say because I'm not sure if it has to do with a new agn format, something to do with autogendescriptions.spb, or an excessive agn object count just yet. In your case is it just trees that are missing or buildings too? Also, how did you install this scenery, is there a chance that a proprietary autogendescriptions.spb was supplied with the scenery but somehow didn't get installed into P3D2?

Jim

As I can se on the Aerosoft product pages theese airports are NOT compatible with P3D v2. I don´t think the Estonian migrator changes that.

Im not able to quote(for some strange reason?) but I'll try and answer you guys anyway.

Jim: Thanks, I'll look into Affmask and see if it helps with the blurries.

I installed the scenery manually, tricked the program to beleive it installed into FSX by having a copy of FSX.exe in P3D folder, no migration tool used.. I think it's only buildings missing in Mykonos as there aren't many trees there so I didn't notice any trees missing.

Im not so tecnical and lack skills so I guess I have to wait for 29Palms to release an installer :P(I miss my FSX scenery so I'm desparate to try to get as much scenery I can into P3Dv2 while I wait for native installers)

JJJackson: Im well aware that these sceneries are not supported in P3Dv2, that's why I ask on these forums because there might be some wizkid out there that have worked he's way around these issues, It' s worth a try B). I don't use the Estonian tool because I refuse to buy something that just automate what I can do manually for free :P but It might have worked better if I used it...

Well I guess I can live without Mykonos for now, the most important issue is getting rid of blurries, because even FTX Global gets affected sometimes and it ruins the whole expirience. I cross my fingers that tweaking Affmask will solve it (who said the tweaking days where over? :lol:).

Thanks for your help guys, appriciated B)

EDIT:

You saved my day Jim, that affmask setting removed all the blurries. I just have 1 more question for you, do you have hyperthreading enabled with this setting? I have disabled HT, but will enable it if it will make things even better... Or maybe there's another affmask setting that works better with HT off?

I think for 4 cores with HT off you want AffinityMask=14 which uses the last three cores. This is what I have set mine too with an i5 2500k and it seems to work... I was seeing the same as your shots above with photoscenery, but now it stays reasonably sharp - sometimes the highest res will pop-up quite late, but it never turns to mush as it was, even at high speed..

I'm not sure if the TextureBandwidthMult= still has any impact?... again photoscenery used to benefit from higher values in FSX. I've yet to try it with v2... and that would be the dreaded tweaking starting again :lol:

I also manually migrated 'RevolutionX UK Autogen' from FSX to P3Dv2 and had less autogen than I should, but then remembered I would (maybe) need to update the autogendescriptions file. After copying the file from FSX to P3D [backing up the old one] I have full autogen back, with this product.

Yeah, I use Affmask=14(the most common known setting for HT off) in FSX with good results, this is the first time I have seen such high affmask setting and I liked what it did with Prepar3D. Think I'm gonna try experimenting some with this setting too see what works best for me. I was only curious about wether affmask=252 was best with HT on or off, that's why I asked :rolleyes:

If you have more "numbers" please share, im willing to give all affmask settings a chance to see what works best for me.

I won't bother with Mykonos anymore as it's not that important too me, and the way it is now works well enough as I have about 80% of the island covered with autogen,,,that will work atleast until 29 Palms releases P3D installers(Installed Skiathos, and it works 100% as it should:)) 

Anyway, been trying to install other sceneries today, and now I have run into another issue(the issues are piling up with the unsupported addons lol).

I installed Tongas Fjord X and now the sea in that area has turned into ground textures with trees on it and it ends up in an OOM 1 minute after takeoff :mellow: This one would be very important for me to solve as I have Orbx PFJ and SAK, and I need Tongas to connect these sceneries....

Thanks for the replys:)

Edit: I just stumbled over a thread regarding Tongas and P3D in this forum and it seems like a well known  issue that can be solved with manually putting some entries in the terrain.cfg. So I emailed Fsaddon to get the entries and I expect it to be solved when I get the reply.

EDIT:

You saved my day Jim, that affmask setting removed all the blurries. I just have 1 more question for you, do you have hyperthreading enabled with this setting? I have disabled HT, but will enable it if it will make things even better... Or maybe there's another affmask setting that works better with HT off?

Yes I do have HT enabled in the BIOS and 252 is "utilize HT but don't use the Windows core" IIUC. 84 is what bojote's tweak site sets me up with for FSX so I initially tried that in P3D2 but it seemed to give me some stutters (but clear textures). So far the 252 setting seems to give me the smoothest result but admittedly I haven't tried them all and I've yet to try disabling HT in the BIOS and affmask=14.

EDIT: This list posted by Spirit_66 is what I used as a reference:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/430353-affinity-mask-holy-xxxx-it-works/#entry2891047

Jim

Thanks for answering my question Jim.

Think Im gonna try 14 because I got some microstutters with 252(hardly noticible though), and it's probably because I have HT off. If that doesn't work I'll try to enable HT and go with your setting or try 84.

My only fear with enabling HT would be that my tempratures would get too high because of my badly overclocked CPU. I'm already at 80 degree Celsius when the CPU is in use :P and Im afraid HT on is gonna melt it :lol:

If the scenery is not compatable with P3Dv2 then the blurries will NOT go away.  P3D does not have the same "engine" driving it as FSX.  P3D is backwards compatable and that is why the scenery even loads up for you. But how it is displayed is another matter.  Are you using DX11?  Are you running an SSHD?  These are just a couple of the things that Lockheed says on their website that you must have for good graphic display.  Running DX9 scenery on a DX11 card will not give you good graphics.  Many people purchase P3D thinking its new and will display wonderful graphics for me. Then they find out there are a few requirements that have to be satisfied for great, even stupendous graffics.  I would venture to say your running old DX9 type of computer equipment.

Steve Wagner