Sign in to follow this  
JACKIETOOLS

Carenado Beechcraft B1900 Vref charts

Thanks that clears it up for me and makes it a bit clearer. Now I have some good Vy speeds. Thanks for the info. Ill make a printout of it for reference. Thanks again.

+1

Venr is VY corrected for weight and it is the speed used to climb to your minimum IFR altitude when obstacle clearance is paramount. When obstacle clearance is not driving climb performance we use the standard climb profile:

SL TO 10,000        160KIAS

10,000 TO 15,000 150KIAS

15,000 TO 20,000 140KIAS

20,000 TO 25,000 130KIAS

That would take a discussion that I am not willing to get into. You need to have a good grasp of the lift equation to understand and how external factors such as higher gross-weight effects requirement for lift. You might want to try reading Flight Theory for Pilots by Mr. Dole. The older 1990 era book is fine, but he does have a much newer version (with a modern price to go along with it) book. Flight Theory and Aerodynamics: A Practical Guide for Operational Safety

I saw V50 mentioned with regards to a B190's takeoff. What is it? There aren't a lot of references to it on the internet.

Take-off safety speed at 50' AGL or 35' AGL single engine.

I'll try to capture and post a diagram from the AFM that might make better sense of the climb profile.

Here is the take-off profile single engine with each segment of climb and Vspeeds you should be at for each segment.

Take-off%20Profile%20Single%20Engine.png

In this case engine failure would occur just after V1. Since the Pilot Not Flying (PNF) already called V1 the decision is to continue take-off. Autofeather will automatically feather the propeller for the dead engine and rudder bias will automatically displace the rudder into the good engine. When the PNF calls ROTATE the Pilot Flying (PF) rotates the airplane to V2 (Take-Off Safety Speed). This is only an initial 7 to 10 degree pitch change depending on density altitude and aircraft weight. (We pitch to maintain V2) The first segment climb ends when the gear are fully retracted (which may be after your 50' screen height.)

Once gear is fully retracted you have entered your second segment of climb and will continue to climb out at V2 until either; 500' AGL when VFR or circling minimums IFR. Once you reach that height you accelerate to VENR retract flaps if used for take-off and continue climb to your Minimum IFR Altitude.

Notice that V50 is not on this chart. Also V50 speeds are generally higher that V2 speeds telling me that although Beech states V50 is also a single engine speed in reality it is not used single engine. V50 only provides me a speed dual engine at 50 feet above the runway and requires that I fly the airplane to the exact same standards as the test pilot who tested the airplane. Reality is that most pilots do not hit 50' AGL at V50. So for me the speed it worthless. Maybe one of our other certified B1900 pilots have a different opinion of V50.