Sign in to follow this  
JACKIETOOLS

Carenado Beechcraft B1900 Vref charts

Is it me or are the Vref charts missing. Can't find them in any of the documents. All I have are the cruise charts. Does anyone have them? Thanks

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "B1900D FSX/P3D - NEW!". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Just google B1900D Vspeeds and you'll find somethings.....

Real Deraps

I found this in my B1900D manual.

post-148934-0-56019100-1389673105.jpg

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I was looking for charts showing recommended configurations fot takeoffs, landings, approach, Vy, Vx, Vs, Vso, take off and climb out speeds, etc. this does not provide near enough info. Yes I can probably find it online but thought this would be provided for 40 dollars and not sure the online charts would be specific to this aircraft. Plane could not be flown safely or effectively without these charts. Thanks for the reply.

Hi Folks,

Yeah - if you find them - someone should create the profiles for "FSBuild" - I did it for the PMDG model - it's in the lib - I don't recall if I included the "TOLD" (V1, V2,VR) data though - I may have...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

This is a part 25 air transport category airplane. We normally fly V1 VR and V2 or VENR.

But, here are the numbers I have from the AFM:

AIRSPEEDS FOR SAFE OPERATION
All airspeeds in this section are indicated airspeeds (IAS) and assume zero instrument error.
Gross weight 16,950 pounds.

Air minimum control speed (VMCA) (flaps up) 96 knots
Single Engine Best Angle of Climb 120 knots
Two Engine Best Angle of Climb 120 knots
Single Engine Best Rate of Climb 125 knots
Two Engine Best Rate of Climb 135 knots
Turbulent Air Penetration 170 knots
Demonstrated crosswind (flaps landing, gear down) 25 knots

Stall speeds are a chart and depend on gross weight. For some reason the charts only go up to 16,000 lbs but basically at 16K Flaps 0% the stall speed is 104 KIAS with a linear decrease of 92  KIAS at 10.5K you can extrapolate that at 16,950 stall speed 0 flaps would be about 108 KIAS.

Flaps full stall speed is 81 KIAS at 16,000 lbs and 71 KIAS at 10.5K

I have the following Take-off speeds from the performance section

Weight             V1      VR      V2      VENR

16,950            113     116     121     135

16,500            112     115     120     135

16,000            111     114     118      134

14,000            107     110     118      130

Approach Speeds

WEIGHT FLAPS UP APPROACH LAND
16,600   130           125               115
16,600   129           123               113
15,000   126           120               110
14,000   122           117               107
13,000   119           114               104
12,000   116           111               101
11,000   112           107                97

Maximum Ramp Weight: 17,060

Maximum Take-off Weight 16,950

Maximum Landing Weight 16,600

Maximum Zero Fuel Weight 15,000

That's a big help. Even though it is a sim I like to fly as realistic as possible. This will be a big help. Thanks for your time. The carenado model is a nice flying plane. Not sure how realistic it is to the actual plane but I like it. If you flew them you surely know better than me. Thanks again.

Hi Folks,

OK - I'll ask - what's "Venr" ? I've never seen that one mentioned before - I even checked Wikipedia - while they have around fifty V speeds defined - this one isn't one of them...

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Thanks for asking because I was about to ask my uncle who is former USAF and airline flight engineer!

Hi Folks,

OK - I'll ask - what's "Venr" ? I've never seen that one mentioned before - I even checked Wikipedia - while they have around fifty V speeds defined - this one isn't one of them...

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

I am guessing Enroute speed.

EDIT: Venr is the enroute climb speed.

Why then would a heavier weight be a higher climb speed other than the extra lift is needed. I would think a lighter weight would entail a higher attainable climb speed. I'm guessing these numbers must be minimum climb speeds for given weight?

I am guessing Enroute speed.

EDIT: Venr is the enroute climb speed.

Venr is VY corrected for weight and it is the speed used to climb to your minimum IFR altitude when obstacle clearance is paramount. When obstacle clearance is not driving climb performance we use the standard climb profile:

SL TO 10,000        160KIAS

10,000 TO 15,000 150KIAS

15,000 TO 20,000 140KIAS

20,000 TO 25,000 130KIAS

Why then would a heavier weight be a higher climb speed other than the extra lift is needed. I would think a lighter weight would entail a higher attainable climb speed. I'm guessing these numbers must be minimum climb speeds for given weight?

That would take a discussion that I am not willing to get into. You need to have a good grasp of the lift equation to understand and how external factors such as higher gross-weight effects requirement for lift. You might want to try reading Flight Theory for Pilots by Mr. Dole. The older 1990 era book is fine, but he does have a much newer version (with a modern price to go along with it) book. Flight Theory and Aerodynamics: A Practical Guide for Operational Safety

Thanks that clears it up for me and makes it a bit clearer. Now I have some good Vy speeds. Thanks for the info. Ill make a printout of it for reference. Thanks again.