Sign in to follow this  
cbreeze

Carenado B1900 AP problem

Greetings,

I recently installed the Carenado B1900 and have several hours simming it and I am a little frustrated.  Let me start by saying that I have a high end computer designed specifically for FSX.  I have never had any issues with the computer or any other add on aircraft that include many Carenado products which are my favorites.  I really like the 1900 but it is the first aircraft I have installed that had "issues" right out of  the box.

Of a couple of issues with the 1900 two are driving me crazy and do not appear on any other aircraft.  Right ow the 1900 AP will not accurately track a ILS laterally nor does it capture the glide slope.  In addition, I can shoot a stable (but not accurate) approach but as I inear the ground, the aircraft starts oscillating wildly.  For example, when shooting a ILS at KORD that has two parallel runways, I set up the ILS for the right runway and start flying the approach.  The ILS instruments show me dead on the approach (laterally) when in reality, I am flying the airspace between the two runways.  Then, there is the occasional pitch and roll movements when I get closer to the ground.  It is as if I suddenly hit wake turbulence.  The only way to save the approach is to disconnect the AP and hand fly the airplane.  ILS approaches into KDET and KARR experienced the same issues.  In an attempt to trouble shoot, I shoot the same approaches with my favorite, the Carenado Seneca and the autopilot does what it is supposed to do right down to the ground.

I know just enough about computers to be dangerous but this would suggest a problem with the 1900 and not my computer.  I sure would appreciate any thoughts on the issue.  With the "buds" ironed out, the B1900 could be a real winner.

Thanks in advance,

cbreeze

So far, I have not run into this problem (although the aircraft is sensitive to turbulence aloft..)

Are you using the FMS computer all, or just straight manual navigation for approaches and landings?

Edit: just flew the approach to R27 at KORD (110.50 in FSX) as a test.  Default loading, 2 pilots, no pax..

Came in at 2400 feet ASL, flying north along the lake shore, ALT and HDG, pushed APR when the localizer became active on the EHSI, intercepted the localizer, turned to final, intercepted the glideslope and landed.

No fuss..

I wonder if the loading of the aircraft, or weather might be a factor?

Bert

Bert,

I haven't messed with the loading at all so I guess it would be in the default configuration, two pilots.   The way you flew your approach into KORD is pretty much how I do it except that I flew the ILS 9R approach and the weather was set at  CAVU.  I haven't messed with the FMS at all yet because I have been trying to resolve the AP and some other problems.  I really love the 1900 and hope I can find my answers.

Considering I have 0 experience with Turboprops it has been a little of a learning experience for me.  I have my pilots license but no turbine time.   I also had trouble taxiing the airplane because I was unable to slow it down.  At first I thought it was another glitch but I consulted with a friend who has tons of turbine time and he told me to come way back on the prop controls.  I did as suggested and set the 1900 prop controls back to just above the reverse pitch markings and problem solved.  He said that is how they do it in the real bird.  Also had some graphics issues but that was because I didn't enable DX10.  Configuring FSX as per the Carenado instructions made a big difference.  Right not the most annoying problems are with the AP.  I am going to fly the approach as you did yours and I will post what happens.  Once again, I have several add on aircraft, including a bunch of Carenado planes and the 1900 is the only one acting up.  It has to be something with the 1900 program.

Thank you for the response,

cbreeze

Bert,

Duplicated your KORD approach exactly as you did and no problems.  When you get a chance, would you please try the KORD 9R ILS and let me know what happens.

Thanks,

cbreeze

I just flew KORD 9R  (111.10).. very smooth.

In the real world, the ILS frequencies have changed - is that possibly part of the problem?

post-100706-0-24327500-1389675924.jpg

Bert

Bert,

I will check that. The approach plates are a couple years old ( not IFR current anymore) but don't think so.

In spite of the minor problems, I sure do love flying this airplane. I will keep you posted and thanks for the help so far.

Cbreeze

In the real world, the ILS frequencies have changed - is that possibly part of the problem?

Do you mean that Carenado does not have real world frequencies?

Ing Zimmerman

Do you mean that Carenado does not have real world frequencies?

The frequencies in the simulator can be updated by Navaid. Navigraph is used to update the frequencies most add on FMS. I do not know if the FMS in the B1900 can be updated. If the FMS and the sim are on different AIRIC cycles, you could get a failure to receive the ILS signal. If so you would manually tune the Nav 1 to the frequency used by the simulator. Carenado does not control the frequencies. 

http://www.aero.sors.fr/index.html

I use the GTN 750 for navigation in the B1900D

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz