Sign in to follow this  
Timmy74

Violent shaking during flight......?

Hi Guys,

Maybe someone could help me out....?

I have never had an issue with her before but now!  I have not flown her for a little while and now when I do, not long after take off -climbing- I get very violent shaking of the whole aircraft????

No matter what I do I can not stop it?  I get no warning lights or anything that may help me to determine the issue?  

Any tips please?

Of coarse flaps are up and gear has been retracted.  Like I say...everything is looking fine but just get these violent shakes????   I am at such a lost and its doing my head in!! I have tried my other Carenado King Air's but they are fine.

Kind regards.

Tim...

Hi Guys,

I have never had an issue with her before but now!  I have not flown her for a little while and now when I do, not long after take off -climbing- I get very violent shaking of the whole aircraft????

No matter what I do I can not stop it?  I get no warning lights or anything that may help me to determine the issue?  

Any tips please?

Of coarse flaps are up and gear has been retracted.  Like I say...everything is looking fine but just get these violent shakes????   I am at such a lost and its doing my head in!! I have tried my other Carenado King Air's but they are fine.

Kind regards.

Tim...

G'day,

I know you mentioned all looked okay, what is your climb out speed? What kind of Shake? Pre stall or more of an oscillation? Did you engage yaw damper at 500ft ?

Cheers,

Mike.

I find that this particular aircraft is very sensitive to turbulence/thermals and moves all over the place

when hitting a wind transition... if you just wait it out, it should calm down in less than a minute..

Bert

Hi Guys,

Any tips please?

Kind regards.

Tim...

Hi,

I haven't seen that with the King Air--just curious, what does your airspeed read when you are flying the aircraft when this happens?  Also, does the shaking last or come and go?  Is it possible you are hitting a thermal--remember they exist in FSX/P3D and some aircraft are more sensitive than others....  You can run into them even in calm air.

Regards,

John

G'day,

I know you mentioned all looked okay, what is your climb out speed? What kind of Shake? Pre stall or more of an oscillation? Did you engage yaw damper at 500ft ?

Cheers,

Mike.

Hi Mike,

My climb out speed is around 140 knts  at about 10/15 degrees.  However I have tried many different take off speeds and degrees (all above 110 knts). The shacking kicks in around 10,000 ft.  It is a shacking like a pre stall/stick shake not oscillating.   I did not know of the YAW damper - have never needed to do it before on this aircraft or any of my aircraft- it would engage when I selected autopilot.

I find that this particular aircraft is very sensitive to turbulence/thermals and moves all over the place

when hitting a wind transition... if you just wait it out, it should calm down in less than a minute..

Hi Bert @ John,

It is not turbulence.   @John.  It can happen at any speed and it never comes and goes.  It gets really bad sometimes never better or calms down.   It almost shakes itself out of the sky.  Just with pilot and co-pilot and 33% fuel she wants to climb verticle, so I have to trim her -15 nose down.....

Kind regards.

Tim...

Your climb out speed and attitude seem fine, what is your cruise KIAS? Do you still have a lot of nose down trim to maintain straight and level ?

the yaw damper assists with stability at higher altitudes. Prevents the old Dutch roll. I engage it at 500 ft agl and take it off when in the circling area or 10nm.

Re: your loading, i find the same when in that config you mention above I like to throw some ballast up front keep the cg away from the aft limit. Without a poh I am trying to work out loading and associated trim settings for take off.

Cheers

Mike.

Hi Mike,

My cruise KIAS is around 160/180 between 10,000 to 15,000ft.   I do have to give a little nose trim.  I find that when I fully load my aircraft and drop fuel to 33% (to be under MAX T/O weight), I pretty much have to max out my nose down trim to stop her from turning into a Saturn V rocket.  

I do know that these aircraft are renowned for having their C/G way back when maxed out with pass and fuel. So I trim to compensate, but to give so much nose down when there are a crew of two and 1/3 fuel on board is just crazy????

Maybe I will wipe her and re-install..... See what happens?  But like I said before, i have never had and issue with her until the other night.  Weird or what?

Kind regards.

Tim...

Well I have uninstalled and then re-installed this aircraft and it is still happening!!!

I am at a complete loss..???!!!!????  

Its the only Carenado aircraft that I have that is doing this...... and I have a few of them! 

Totally spent.

Tim....

Greetings,

I use FSX and have experienced this problem a few times in the past myself. When it did happen I was flying a ILS approach on AP. Almost as if I encountered wake turbulence. Disconnected AP and hand flew regaining control of the aircraft. Haven't experienced this in a while though.

Cbreeze

Greetings,

I use FSX and have experienced this problem a few times in the past myself. When it did happen I was flying a ILS approach on AP. Almost as if I encountered wake turbulence. Disconnected AP and hand flew regaining control of the aircraft. Haven't experienced this in a while though.

Cbreeze

Greetings,

Cbreeze

Greetings,

Cbreeze

Greetings,

Cbreeze

Greetings,

Cbreeze

Hi Brainsommers and Cbreeze,

I do not have EZDOK.  

The shacking happens way before I can engage auto pilot and when/ if I do, it still happens.  No matter what I do I can not stop this annoying shaking of the aircraft.

Cheers.

Tim...

Hi Tim,

Any chance you could drop a small video of what your experiencing on here or youtube?

In fsx settings do you have anything ticked in regards to high level gusts or shear etc? If your running both gns530 and the FMS , turn the FMS off.

A configuration that seems to work for me is two crew (86 lbs) each, 100 lbs fwd cargo and 400 lbs aft cargo, 100% aux fuel and 50% mains fuel. A notch of nose down trim. Approach flap, this usually results in 12 degree nose up attitude and 140 kias initial climb out to acceleration height.

Sorry am almost at the bottom of the barrel.

Do you have Accu-Feel installed?

If the VNE is artificially low it will do that.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Hey guys, I have no idea what happened with my last posting.  I apologize and I am not sure how to correct it.  I certainly didn't write or post it that way.

Cbreeze 

Gentlemen!

The issue has been solved!!!  Howellerman and Bernt (through a PM) asked about "Accu-feel" and the VNE settings.  That was the issue.

I had not had an issue when I first installed her, but the other day I had installed an aircraft (the only add-on since the 1900) and maybe that had bumped the settings for some strange reason.....???

I had never thought about Accu-feel because I hardly ever use it.

So thank you to each and everyone of you in helping me out on this pickle!  Trust me. If I had not posted my issue here, I would had to have broken the seal on some pretty fine single malt Scotch I have stashed away.....

Forever thankful and kind regards to you all.

Tim....