Sign in to follow this  
spokes2112

Screenshots during practice

Here are some screen shots from the past week 'n a half or so.

Prior to that my FSX install went belly up. Anyway, had FS9 installed as a "gauge development IDE" and,, with enough cash invested to build my own aeroplane with the purchases for FS9, took the HD from the file cabinet and installed the FS9 addon goods while the FSX physical drive got unplugged, not before getting mirrored as a "Race" backup on a different drive. (Very much un-trusted for the race)

The thing about running FS9? With a computer "capable" of a good FSX system results in 130+ FPS (With all sliders to 11) in FS9. Multiplayer etiquette says i better turn it down to 1 from 11. 

So. Is there anything wrong with this picture? Yes, A Bearcat fan, doesn't matter. 

01312014_134546_zpsec307882.gif

What is wrong here?

RTWR14_02072014_180032_zpsad28f97d.jpg

The hydraulic problem was fixed in flight and landed. Parked next to these guys.. Rob, Craig 'n Harv... Nuthin but trouble :-)

RTWR14_02062014_182625_zps5043903f.jpg

It doesn't take more than 30 minutes to rustle up some more "Trouble"

RTWR14_02072014_165211_zps9e2f3b73.jpg

Waiting for your friends to come back

RTWR14_02052014_123647_zps29b11576.jpg

Better stay away from the south west pacific - Get close to the island without permission we will have to send the big guns out.

RTWR14_02072014_211425_zps8e85a188.jpg

For those in North America / Canada that got hit by the so called "Polar Vortex" - This is how it's done. Put'r to the boards and hit those drifts!

RTWR14_02092014_120943_zpsa815358f.jpg

To warm up a bit, nuttin better than up in the puffies knowing when you land it'll be nice and warm outside, rain or shine.

RTWR14_02072014_194111_zps619872d2.jpg

Nostalgia, Heading to Phoenix from San Fran. - refer to http://www.hermantheduck.org/ for some great stories.

RTWR14_02092014_172608_zpsdf966bfe.jpg

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Love the North Central (pre Rebublic) livery on a wingletted 767!  Very retro :rolleyes:

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Thank you Jeff and Eamonn !

It is much more than pre-Republic.

Tail - Pure NC Herman

Colors - Old NC

Nose - Old NC Convair

Fuselage, Aqua color - Every NC aircraft I've ever seen was dirtier than my snowblower. Aqua is not a "so called easy to keep clean" color. In the snow/ice belt it is even worse. 

Dark Blue Stripe - Early DC-9 type.

Packer Helmet under cockpit - Personal, " Spirit of Green Bay"

Port side fuse - The "Late" stretched NC letters

Stbd side fuse - The "Early" Squared NC letters

Winglets - "The" one year NC/Republic merge, sharing Herman.

Engines - Surprisingly the standard GE colors are spot on - threw em in.

In FSX the belly is shiny aluminum. Iv'e had 1 nagging texture problem otherwise I wouldv'e released it. ( it's 10x worse in fsx )

Couldn't decide what to do, it was fictional. Mixed the best of em all - couldnt throw the Bobcat colors in though.

Brought her home a couple of times, she needed a wash and some touchup paint. Hit the supper clubs and went bowling later on...  KCLI 32

Anyway - Hit that site above. The history is thick. 

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

I always try to rock "old school" paints, particularly for airlines that are no longer with us.

I've got a nice vintage Pan-Am paint for the NGX that I might use for the race if the opportunity arises.  Also a "National" on the MD-11.  I use various Braniff "Flying Colors" paints on the Dreamfleet 727.  I miss the "good old days" when airlines treated you like a human instead of cattle...

Craig Taylor

Craig.png?dl=1