Sign in to follow this  
BlueLemon

how can i tell how much time for any NM

Good Day 

I was wondering how can I determine how much NM  for how Much Time in the air 

Example  1000nm with MD-11 how much fly time should i dedicate  if that is Possible 

thank you  

Example 1000nm with MD-11 how much fly time should i dedicate if that is Possible

That's going to vary significantly based on the weather, altitude, planned weight, and so on.

If that 1000nm is westbound over the United States, currently, at FL360 you're going to experience headwinds in excess of 70 knots.  If it is eastbound, you're going to see that as a tailwind.  Additionally, the different altitudes introduce variation in speed as well.

Flight planners will give you the best point of reference.  If you're just looking for an example value, google "MD-11 cruise speed" and then divide the distance by the speed...

Kyle Rodgers

If that 1000nm is westbound over the United States, currently, at FL360 you're going to experience headwinds in excess of 70 knots.  If it is eastbound, you're going to see that as a tailwind.  Additionally, the different altitudes introduce variation in speed as well.

Very true. Right now 187nm west of KP84A. Wind is 309/172. TAS is 474 and GS is 644. And the MD-11 is rockin' and rollin'.