Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Graphics card & FS9 config

Hi All, I posted the following on the "PC Hardware" forum without success - can anyone here point me in the right direction please?........Hi All, I recently posted for advice regarding Graphics card jargon and received some excellent advice.... Now I've installed and used the card some, (nVidia 6800) I've been fine tuning it. I've seen lots of references to the FS9 Config file whilst researching (fine) tuning the settings, however I've been unable to locate a succinct explanation of the various FS9 cfg. file meanings/settings. Does anyone know of such a post or document I could refer to please?I have tried some searching on this site - and found lots of info. but much of it says "...try this" or "that" but doesn't explain what the setting does/means, or how it operates. I'm really enjoying learning about the inner workings of my Sim so would appreciate any help. (Perhaps I should just get out more! )Regards, Blue.

I believe you are running into what most of us have been dealing with for some time... The settings in FS9.cfg are not all documented by Microsoft and some are only understood by trial and error.Go to the Tips and Tricks posts at the top of this forum for an explanation, or failing that post specific questions on individual parameters...

Bert