Sign in to follow this  
bobcat2

fs2crew J41 jetstream causing other FSX problem

I just recently installed FS2crew for the J41.  It works great and no problem with the installation. I do, however, now have a problem with other FSX aircraft ( the ones that came with FSX). The displays for the radios, auto pilot, etc., do not display any information. The switches and buttons for on/off, dialing up the various frequencies and auto pilot altitudes all work ok and their indicating lights come on.  It's just that I have no displays on the items I just mentioned. It's hard to set altitude (for instance) on the auto pilot if you have no display in that window to indicate the height or ft. per minute you are trying to set.  Other than that the other aircraft work OK.

Has anyone ever had this problem? I am a bit stymied.  Prior to installing FS2Crew everything worked normally.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

FS2Crew doesn't touch other aircraft, so something else caused that.

If you're losing the displays, make sure your other aircraft have power and that their battery isn't dead.

Also, if they're 3rd party aircraft, re-install them.  You may have invalidated their license.

Best,

Thanks Brian, I appreciate you taking the time to answer my query so quickly. I did a lot of checking (again !!) and when I checked my FSX settings, I found that my global graphics were set to zero so I set it to dense. Whether this made a difference or not I will probably never know for sure, but voila!!  I have my radio, auto pilot display windows back!  Wonders never cease, as they say!  I do feel somewhat inane but anyway, the problem seems to be solved.

Once again many thanks and the FS2crew is a great addition to my J4100.

Bob