Sign in to follow this  
flyblueskies

Multi Crew Experience supports Realair Lancair?

Hello,

I've download the demo and working with MCE support, downloaded the extend trial version. Unfortunately neither works...I do have the light version and like it so far. But, I can only use it with default aircraft.

While happy with it, I would like to know that if I purchase the ultimate version, will it work with the Realair Lancair Legacy. I'm hoping someone here can offer up their experience with that plane...

I have FSX with Acceleration on Windows 8.1

Any thought are appreciated.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Jeff,

I have the Full registered version of MCE.

I also have the Real Air Lancair Legacy. Also the Real Air Duke v2.

I found MCE works well with the Lancair.

Anything you want the guy on your right to do he does. However, I found myself doing most of the flying and just asked the "guy on the right" (cant really call him/her a co pilot :rolleyes:) to set the radios. Setting the radios as a useful chore for him/her. You can also have William (soon Lorna) work the radios if you use Radar Contact v4.

Also handy to have a guy on the right to confirm your frequencies and if you engage full "nag" mode to chastise your flying if you fly poorly!

Anything you want MCE to do can also be achieved by the VOX Key/Vox Script tools.

I also fly MCE with the F1 Mustang, Uiver DC2 amongst many others.

Nice thing about MCE (and there are very many), new aircraft that are released get interfaced without a further purchase!

Best Regards

David

Edited by charlie130

Hello David,

Thank you very much for your reply. Exactly what I was looking for.

I'm thinking of purchasing RC4 too. Right now, I'm simply learning via built in ATC.

Can I get your experience & thoughts with MCE and RC4?

Best Regards,

David

Hello David,

Thank you very much for your reply. Exactly what I was looking for.

I'm thinking of purchasing RC4 too. Right now, I'm simply learning via built in ATC.

Can I get your experience & thoughts with MCE and RC4?

Best Regards,

David

Hi Jeff,

well, if you take a peek at my You Tube vids, (click link in signature) you will find a selection of FSX flight movies featuring MCE and RC4.

Hopefully you will see how I use these two programmes together.

I have used MCE for about a year now, RC4 for a little longer.

Quite simply with the power of MCE VOX Script and the VOX Key there is not much that you can not achieve!

The Lancair (I have both Real Air and the Orbx) for example, allows you to add checklists to your flight. Your guy on the right, reads them out and for most switches "knows" in what state they are set.

However, its when you fly the complex airliner simulations that MCE comes into its own. If you look at the overheads on the MD-11/NGX/J41 for example, every switch is accessible by MCE 1st officer. Consequently all complex flight "flows" can be implemented and even modified, if your own experience permits modification of the existing flows. The same can be said for checklists.

I implemented all the checklists for the A2A B-17. Its fairly straightforward, all you require is access to the correct checklists and if you do VOX Script flows, the correct aircraft operating flows. The B-17 is not an "interfaced" aircraft, yet there is little I can find that does not function with the MCE co pilot.

If you get stuck, MCE support is second to none.

As for Radar Contact v4, well you may see it working in my movies.

Best Regards

David

Hi David,

Thank you for the reply. I'll definitely check out your video's.

I have already watched your video on the DukeV2 and the icing demonstration. I thought it was excellent so I look forward to watching your other video's as well.

Best Regards,

Jeff