Everything posted by flyblueskies
-
Fix for 'No Available ATC options' in FS 2024
I'm normally taking the comms myself...so I press the PTT button and verbally speak with ATC. I mostly fly GA and VFR. If I fly IFR, I usually use FSHUD. There are times when I ask the FO to handle the comms (when I need to step away), but I usually handle them myself. If my ATC request is not recognized after several tries, I'll simply say option one or option two, etc. and have MCE 'press' the appropriate key to answer ATC. Other times, I can simply say Roger, and MCE will answer ATC with the first menu option (assuming it's an ATC response). I do wish I could practice more 'real' commands, such as 'Portage County unicom, turning base runway niner, Portage County'. Usually, I have to keep it simple like 'Unicom, on base.' I think MSFS 2024 ATC is better now, and MCE is definitely interfacing well with it. This find originally started off as a solution for Navigraph and MSFS 2020 airports: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/701072-navigraph-approach-fix-for-2020-airports-in-2024/
-
Fix for 'No Available ATC options' in FS 2024
Many times, airports created for MSFS 2020 will work in MSFS 2024, but using the MCE command 'Confirm ATC options' sometimes returns 'No available ATC options'. I found this solution works for me: Open the manifest.json file for the affected airport. Add "package_order_hint": "CUSTOM_AIRPORT", just below the "minimum_game_version" line. So something like this: "minimum_game_version": "1.21.18", "package_order_hint": "CUSTOM_AIRPORT", Make sure you include the quotation marks! Save the manifest.json file. Now, when using this airport in MSFS 2024, the Confirm ATC options will now return the ATC Menu items.
-
Navigraph Approach Fix for 2020 Airports in 2024
Many times, airports created for MSFS 2020 will work in MSFS 2024, but the approaches will not show in the GTN 750 or GPS units. I found this solution works for me: Open the manifest.json file for the affected airport. Add "package_order_hint": "CUSTOM_AIRPORT", just below the "minimum_game_version" line. So something like this: "minimum_game_version": "1.21.18", "package_order_hint": "CUSTOM_AIRPORT", Make sure you include the quotation marks! Save the manifest.json file. Now, when using this airport in MSFS 2024, the approaches show up. Also, if using Multi Crew Experience, the Confirm ATC options will now return the ATC Menu items.
-
MSFS 2024 NATIVE ATC Interface Request
Ok, I've realized the reason MCE either quits responding to my commands or loses sync is because I'm clicking the ATC menu to find my unicom airport too fast and too many times. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to handle searching the airport within the ATC window, but here's what worked the last time. I cancelled Flight Following about 25 NM from my landing airport. I entered the unicom frequency, which I got from the EFB tablet. Then I clicked on Nearest Airports and waited for my airport to appear. It took a little while... Once it appeared, I then selected the landing runway. I reported my position, then on final, etc. MCE, NATIVE ATC, and unicom worked much better this time. If there is a better way, I'm all ears...
- San Diego Gillespie Field (KSEE), California (version 4)
-
MSFS 2024 NATIVE ATC Interface Request
In case my edit in my last post did not work, here's what I wrote: One thing I did notice with Simco64_ldr.exe v2.4.11, while it did initially CONFIRM ATC OPTIONS, it later got out of sync and reported the OLD menu options. This happened after: I asked the FO to take comms. After a while (probably 10 minutes or so), I asked for comms back. I manually clicked the ATC menu to find my unicom airport. Then I went back to the previous menu. At 10 nm out, I canceled FLIGHT FOLLOWING. MCE NATIVE ATC did not respond. Saying OPTION ONE did not work either. I manually clicked the ATC menu to cancel flight following and find my unicom airport. I chose the runway for landing, set com1 freq to unicom. After this, when I asked MCE to confirm ATC options, they were the older options. I also lost control of sayin OPTION ONE or OPTION TWO...MCE would not respond. So it seems that if I manually click the ATC menu for nearest airports, this somehow gets MCE and Simco64_ldr out of sync. I didn't notice this with the previous Simco64_ldr.exe. I'm still using MCE v3.1.49. But otherwise, it went well.
-
MSFS 2024 NATIVE ATC Interface Request
One thing I did notice with Simco64_ldr.exe v2.4.11, while it did initially CONFIRM ATC OPTIONS, it later got out of sync and reported the OLD menu options. This happened after: I asked the FO to take comms. After a while (probably 10 minutes or so), I asked for comms back. I canceled FLIGHT FOLLOWING. I manually clicked the ATC menu to find my unicom airport, chose the runway for landing, set com1 freq to unicom. After this, when I asked MCE to confirm ATC options, they were the older options. I also lost control of sayin OPTION ONE or OPTION TWO...MCE would not respond. But otherwise, it went well.
-
MSFS 2024 NATIVE ATC Interface Request
I may have found it...when I switch to WINDOWED MODE (ALT + ENTER), the MCE Text remains in full. When I switch back, the problem returns...is there a way to lower the MCE response window?
-
MSFS 2024 NATIVE ATC Interface Request
I got a chance to try the new Simco64_ldr.exe v2.4.11 and it worked well. It solved a problem I saw with Simco64_ldr.exe v2.4.05, in that when I said "Unicom Traffic N427RC" taxing back to parking, Native ATC always chose ...taxing back to runway (I had just landed on). The new version, 2.4.11, would correctly chose the Native ATC option of taxing back to parking.
-
MSFS 2024 NATIVE ATC Interface Request
Reporting an update... I just had two really good flights with NATIVE ATC working really well. I hope I'm not jinxing it... The first with KMFD (Flightsim TO airport) to KSKY (asobo airport). The second with KSEE (Flightsim TO airport) to KRNM (Flightsim TO airport). MCE and NATIVE ATC worked really well together. The only thing I did, was to reinstall MCE 3.1.49 and use Simco64_ldr.exe v2.4.05. That combination is working well so far.
-
MSFS 2024 NATIVE ATC Interface Request
Just an FYI. I could not use MCE version 3.1.56 for Native ATC. It would not work with any version of Simco64_ldr.exe. I had to reinstall MCE version 3.1.49 and then use Simco64_ldr.exe v2.4.0.5 in order to use Native ATC. NOTE: I used only Asobo airports. I did not use any free or purchased airports.
-
MSFS 2024 NATIVE ATC Interface Request
Which version of Simco64_ldr.exe do I need to use Native ATC?
-
MSFS 2024 NATIVE ATC Interface Request
OK, no go to add the increased delay. I upgraded to MCE 3.1.56 and still the same problem. However, what I am seeing is that the entire line in RED appears for a split second, then immediately reduces to a partial 1st letter. That partial first letter does appear to stay longer...but the entire line is missing.
-
MSFS 2024 NATIVE ATC Interface Request
I'll give this a try...but, it definitely is not 3 seconds now. It's there for a flash, just long enough to know it recognized something...and then it's gone. I'll add the above and hopefully, it'll stay on longer than the flash I currently see. Any thoughts on Native ATC not working (well, or not at all) when using non-asobo airports?
-
Method to disable certain commands via MCE.INI?
Thank you Gerald, in this case it is the Black Square Baron in MSFS 2024.
-
MSFS 2024 NATIVE ATC Interface Request
I have Show Commands in FS checked and my spoken commands do show up in RED at the top left of the screen. But, they flash so fast that I can't read them...is there a setting to keep them up longer? Also, I thought I'd share more information specific to KMFD. If I use the standard built in KMFD, MCE works well when using the built in ATC. But, if I use KMFD from Flightsim.to (https://flightsim.to/addon/14335/kmfd-mansfield-lahm-regional-airport), which is only for MSFS 2020, but does work in MSFS 2024. MCE doesn't work well with ATC at the airport. For KMFD from Flightsim.to, I modify the manifest.json to add "package_order_hint": "BESPOKE_AIRPORT_PATCH", . If I don't do this, approach information does not show up in the GTN 750 (or other gps radios). This places the airport above navigraph-nav-base Now, all navigation approaches show up in MFSF 2024. I'm showing this in case this affects MCE. I really appreciate your help with this.
-
MSFS 2024 NATIVE ATC Interface Request
Ok, I was trying to remember the command "confirm ATC options" to read the ATC menu out loud. Just wondering, is there any variation of 'confirm ATC options' in case I don't remember the exact words? Anyway, I understand what you're saying and I think its great that you're dynamically updating the ATC response. For the most part, it's working well when using with VFR ATC. If it doesn't respond, I usually request option one or option two, etc. This seems to 'jump start' it. Then, after a while, MCE starts to respond by sending the correct keys to ATC.
-
Voice Attack for VR
flyblueskies replied to solito's topic in Virtual Reality (VR) for Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020/2024)@Parme Are you using AAO to communicate with Native ATC?
-
Voice Attack for VR
flyblueskies replied to solito's topic in Virtual Reality (VR) for Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020/2024)Lorby helped my out with this: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/700277-ptt-setup-for-altitude-command-in-msfs-2024/#findComment-5814359
-
MSFS 2024 NATIVE ATC Interface Request
This morning I had a VFR flight from KPOV to KERI where MCE/Native ATC worked extremely well! I couldn't be happier! Then, this afternoon, I took VFR flight from KERI to KMFD, and I simply could not get MCE to work with Native ATC...it was extremely frustrating. I decided to have MCE control the comms, which he gladly took. I then asked him to request TAXI depart straight out...his reply was I very much doubt ATC will know what you're talking about (or something to that effect). I have no idea why he did not think it would work! I have to keep guessing at the reason, start over, or just give up. Hence my request, is there anyway to set an option which explains why MCE does not like this request? Anything that will help me understand what I'm doing wrong or MCE expects in order for this ATC comm to work would be greatly appreciated... EDIT: Actually, it would really be neat if I could ask the FO why not and he would actually tell me the reasons...
-
PTT Setup for Altitude command in MSFS 2024
Ok, I see what you're talking about now. I added the button as you described (but I used Please instead of commit). It works too. Again, thanks for all your help!
-
PTT Setup for Altitude command in MSFS 2024
Ok, I thought I did that first. I did click the green MAN button below the Key Down Event (but it was already chosen anyway). I may have simply pasted the script in without choosing RPN first...not sure. I'll try again the way you describe...but it is working the way I set it up the second time, including updating the G1000 altitude in MSFS 2024.
-
PTT Setup for Altitude command in MSFS 2024
I figured it out...I had to create the commit script (instead of dropping into event box): Then I updated my commit button to use the script (see Key Down Event:) Once I did this, my RPN Script processing window displayed the scripts correctly: I really appreciate your help with this!
-
PTT Setup for Altitude command in MSFS 2024
Ok, I've got it somewhat working. It is now capturing the altitude without pressing the PTT button. But, it is not activating the script to pass the altitude to MSFS 2024. Here's what I have: The COMMIT RPN: The voice command to activate my Altitude Script, passing to MSFS 2024: The voice Recognition of my Altitude! button event (as shown above): My Voice Recognition of COMMIT: My VoiceApG1000Alt script: My Script Processing Window, which shows the script above did not process: Not sure if this is enough information to help figure out what I'm doing wrong or need to add...
-
PTT Setup for Altitude command in MSFS 2024
Thank you! I'll give this a try.