Sign in to follow this  
RyanForder

Re-installing Problem

Hey Guys,

My FSX was corrupt and i have not played it for a while. I wanted to play it again so i Uninstalled it and then when i went to Re-install it i got this message.

"A later version of "Microsoft Flight Simulator X' is already installed on this machine."

Does anyone know what the problem is? Do you know how i can solve it?

Thank you for reading and i hope you can help me as i am really eager to get back into it.

Kind Regards

Ryan

hi best way I re installed fsx, I re formatted hard drive. started with fresh computer, start new, or youl have error messages, you need to get rid of all fsx files, or youl have the same problem .. put regedit in your search box, and get rid of all fsx files is the other option

put that in your search box lower left, hit enter youl get bunch of boxes , hk systems ect find software Microsoft games in boxes    fsx delete fsx 10 , if you have a lot of addons then the best way is to re format hard drive start from new. I have a ton of addons so I do this once a year to clean pc

put that in your search box lower left, hit enter youl get bunch of boxes , hk systems ect find software Microsoft games in boxes    fsx delete fsx 10 , if you have a lot of addons then the best way is to re format hard drive start from new. I have a ton of addons so I do this once a year to clean pc

Would that completely wipe everything? i have work and other games on my PC

yes. reload your I net disk ect, its worth it or you will have multiple fsx files, corrupt ect every time you load fsx, unless you get rid of these files , I found this is the best way fsx has no tech support anymore

yes. reload your I net disk ect, its worth it or you will have multiple fsx files, corrupt ect every time you load fsx, unless you get rid of these files , I found this is the best way fsx has no tech support anymore

How do i do that then please? Sorry for all the questions

go to control panel then to system security then in thear find restore system to original settings, format ect you will need  original disk drivers explorer disk  the disk that you had orinaly when you got the computer. its simple but well worth it make sure you restore to factory settings not a earlier date then youl get multiple files restored wich will cause problems

go to control panel then to system security then in thear find restore system to original settings, format ect you will need  original disk drivers explorer disk  the disk that you had orinaly when you got the computer. its simple but well worth it make sure you restore to factory settings not a earlier date then youl get multiple files restored wich will cause problems

That is out of the question :( i don't have the disc's anymore. I can't seem to find the files in the Regedit either :( I think i am completely lost with it.

after you hit regedit fin the sub folders hk sytem ect find software then Microsoft games them flight simulater in thear delete fsx  10.0 repeat this in the other sub folders should be 2 toltal

should be hk current users hk current config look in those like I explained delete  fsx 10.0 in sub folder

after you hit regedit fin the sub folders hk sytem ect find software then Microsoft games them flight simulater in thear delete fsx  10.0 repeat this in the other sub folders should be 2 toltal

should be hk current users hk current config look in those like I explained delete  fsx 10.0 in sub folder

Just checked both folders and could not find it, i have no idea what is going wrong then :(

best way then call your computer manufacture thell send you new disks re format your hard drive like I said . youl get a fresh fsx  everything then will be new I have a game cpu its harder  because I have to partion my hard drives . let me know the outcome

Okay, I was able to Uninstall FSX.

However when i go to install it i am getting 1722 error message at the beginning of the instillation.

I have tried the fix in admin status and that still hasn't helped it. Anyone be able to help?

You have to make sure everything was uninstalled, even the stuff in the hidden folders.  Here's a guide I recommend - http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.  After you uninstall, I would run a registry cleaner before reinstalling.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

You have to make sure everything was uninstalled, even the stuff in the hidden folders.  Here's a guide I recommend - http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.  After you uninstall, I would run a registry cleaner before reinstalling.

Best regards,

Sorry i am not too fimiliar with the knitty gritty stuff inside of the computer haha a registry cleaner such as? CCleaner?