Sign in to follow this  
John Morris

Payware AC not working correctly

I followed the instructions sent to me by PMDG and now the only payware aircraft that seems to be working it the Captain Sim and Wilco birds. I have lost all functions in my PMDG, ifly, leveld, Quality Wings birds.

A little background I purchased the MD11 yesterday and was seeing some issues with it. so I contacted support that told me to do the flight1 registry fix. now I am told that I have other issues with 'FSX. 

I am sorry but I highly doubt any instruction given by PMDG could break anything.

Anyway - what is currently happening when you try to load PMDG aircraft?

Rend has he solution here  since if  wilco aircraft is installed last it will alter your ddl.xml config, I could be  wrong  some  one will prove me wrong  here

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Some Wilco installers do indeed have a nasty tendency of corrupting your DLL.xml, that doesn't happen on every install but sometimes it does. 

Most likely your DLL.XML is corrupted. 

Its not just wilco its actually all installers that edit the file depending on system setups. For the most part things will work for 99% of people but for some reason, be it security programs, or installation interruption in the memory the file can easily be corrupted.

I believe I know the flight 1 page you refer to with the freeware reg edit fix. On the same page I believe is also a link to a handy DLL.XML edit tool also that might be of use for you.

thanks,

Lewis

Lewis - A2A Simulations

Well the only installers that ever did that to me were Wilco ones. I think for some reason their installers tend to do that more often than most others, still it's not much of an issue as long as people remember to take a backup of the DLL.XML before installation.