Sign in to follow this  
janbak

com1 frequency fine-tune problem

In X-PLANE 10, while flying a Cessna 172SP from EHAM (Amsterdam) to EHLE (Lelystad) I was instructed by ATC to contact EHLE tower at 123.68 MHz. I have the 3D cockpit and use the arrow keys to line up the view with the com1 radio (a bit to the right and up). Then I start dialing in the frequency in com1 with the mouse. The coarse dial seems to work as expected, with 1 MHz increments/decrements. However I am unable to set the decimal part of the frequency, because the increment/decrement values are bigger than 10KHz, which prevents me from setting the frequency at exactly 123.68. Instead when I reach 123.67 and press fine-tune UP once, it skips to 123.70. Pressing down once gets me back at 123.67. Is there a workaround for this? 

COM frequencies are only available in increments of 25 kHz.  It's possible that airport has an incorrect frequency assigned to it.  You can't go from 123.67 (actually 123.675) to 123.68.

ThanK you. I just noticed the same (exactly the same) behaviour in fsx. I'll have to find another way to fix this (edit tower frequency somewhere?)

Its an ATC error.

There is no such frequency at all. 

I think it rounds up the 123. 675 to the nearest number, which is 123. 68, which is incorrect! 

Aircraft that are not capable of 8.33 kHz spacing should simply omit the last digit. 

This means 123.675 becomes 123.67, which is what is actually used in EHLE. (I used to fly there)