Sign in to follow this  
ETNWHVAC

FSX CTD When loading Flight Plan On The FMC!

You are correct when I refer to approach I mean inputing a STAR on the FMC,

** Ok

and yes I was at the tarmac in KSJC and with a Blank FMC I did input the STAR for BRINY1 when I hit the "Select" Option I Loaded the Approach legs without issue.

** OK

I hate to go off Topic by mentioning another vendor but it was something I did consider of interest.

** OK

I still not clear if you got the CTD with the instructions provided.

** I mentioned .. yes I got CTD in J41

And also I want to be clear that I have been refering to the flight computer as FMC but is actually called the CDU?

OK ... I do it all the time.

Thanks again for your help on this.

No problem.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Ok Vomar then now how do I go about telling PMDG to revise their code for the CDU? Do you know? Because I like very much the addon but this (I think ) have to be fixed.

Otniel,,

You can submit a technical support ticket to PMDG.

Best Regards,

Thanks Vonmar I'll follow up with PMDG, mean while I'm happy that we could get to the bottom of this and who knows perhaps help another Simmer while at it.

Happy Flying

BTW, after leaving the gate, I have never "erased" the original flight plan from any aircraft's FMS/CDU.

I have however modified the active route (ATC instructions /diverted to / changed arrival procedures or landing runways).

Let us know what PMDG has to say.

Best Regards,

I know that loading a STAR while on the gate doesn't make sense and there is no point to it. I have never done such thing until now only to test the CDU. My situation was different. While I was heading to KSJC I took too long to input the STAR and by the time I finish I was already heading on the wrong direction, about 40min SW of the first waypoint for the STAR. So I as a horrible pilot I'm I panic and start wildly editing the legs in the CDU to adjusted to my current course, and thats where I "erase" the Flight Plan from the CDU and got to find the CTD. I have to learn not to panic!!!

As an update from PMDG they told me tha, they are aware of the situation and that there is an updated .dll gauge that is being worked on. Ryan at PMDG was going to send me the file so I could test if the issue is fix. And also said that PMDG JS41 GDU and QW Bae 146 CDU were made bu the same person.

My problem is that I have G-Mail and they do not allow .dll, .exe, .ocx, or any executable. So I ask him to send the file as .bak or .zzz and I would rename it in my end.

I also ask permision to share it with you, since you have been helping me in this.

I'll keep you posted on any development.

Thanks,

Otniel. B Ocampo

I know that loading a STAR while on the gate doesn't make sense and there is no point to it.

** I always load the STAR and arrival runway at the gate.

** And I file the flight plan with it the STAR ... it is normal procedures.

I have never done such thing until now only to test the CDU.

** How do you file a flight plan?

My situation was different. While I was heading to KSJC I took too long to input the STAR and by the time I finish I was already heading on the wrong direction, about 40min SW of the first waypoint for the STAR.

** That is why you do the STAR as part of the flight plan ... during cruise the controllers already know your intended and route .. and **they may change it ... if they want to they will contact you ...

So I as a horrible pilot I'm I panic and start wildly editing the legs in the CDU to adjusted to my current course, and thats where I "erase" the Flight Plan from the CDU and got to find the CTD. I have to learn not to panic!!!

** True

As an update from PMDG they told me tha, they are aware of the situation and that there is an updated .dll gauge that is being worked on. Ryan at PMDG was going to send me the file so I could test if the issue is fix. And also said that PMDG JS41 GDU and QW Bae 146 CDU were made bu the same person.

** Glad to hear that.

My problem is that I have G-Mail and they do not allow .dll, .exe, .ocx, or any executable. So I ask him to send the file as .bak or .zzz and I would rename it in my end.

** OK

I also ask permision to share it with you, since you have been helping me in this.

** OK, but I am sure you would be a better tester for this problem ... you know exactly the steps for a good test.

I'll keep you posted on any development.

**OK

This is what my filed flight plan looks like.

KDTW MOONN4.JHW  LENDY6 KJFK

After approval, prior to departure, all controllers know you entire route .... so does your FMC.

Best Regards,

Ok Vonmar I'm not a pilot and SID's and STAR's are new things to me. I rely on Vox ATC for my navigation Instructions. This software does give you a SID but it doesn't give you the STAR until you are getting close to the transition, and then asings a STAR. As I said this procedures are a new thing to me I don't know how to asing the one that Vox ATC will give me. I think from now on as a general practice I will load a STAR at the Gate and if Vox ATC change it then I will change accordingly. I know that most of the time the transition will not change.

When I get the file from PMGD I will mark this topic as Solved.

Otniel B Ocampo

Otniel,,

"As I said this procedures are a new thing to me I don't know how to asing the one that Vox ATC will give me."

I see why you do it now ..... well, I have never used Vox ATC so cannot comment on that one.

"When I get the file from PMGD I will mark this topic as Solved."

I assume after you have tested it?

Best Regards,

Vonmar said "I assume after you have tested i?"

Elementary my dear Vonmar, Elemantary!!! LOL

Otniel B. Ocampo

Otniel,

OK, have a good flight.

Best Regards,

Vonmar.

I got a response from PMDG and the file also, unfortunatelly I won't be able to test it for a while since I'm in the middle of moving so my computer is down for about 2 weeks. In regard to sharing the Gauge they said that you will need to open a ticket for them to send it to you. I imagine it would be that way but I did not loose anything with trying. So perhaps you will be able to try it before I do. Also you can wait until I try it and see if it doesn't sends my FSX setup up in smoke!!! Just kidding I think everything will be just fine, PMDG know what they are doing.

So thats the news.

Otniel B. Ocampo

Otniel,

No rush, I can wait for you to test.

Best Regards,

Vonmar

I'm back online and I was able to test the new Gauge that PMDG provided and I'm happy with the results...That is no CTD so I'll resume my flying with this new gauge and call it good.

Thanks for all your assistance in this matter. Happy Flying!!!