Sign in to follow this  
FlyingEngineer

LEVE-D 767 PERFORMANCE ISSUE

Hi guys,

now I have the Level-D 767 for FS9. But I have performance issues with it. With other addon payware aircrafts I have in a payware addon scenery much more Frames as with the 767.

So have anybody the same problems or can help me?

I use Windows 7 32 bit; 2.8 GHz quad core prozessor; Nvidea geforce 330M_1GB; 4GB Ram

I use a notebook pc with a ssd

FlyingEngineer

I am an enthusiastic flight simulator pilot from Germany with strong interests in aeronautics, materials science, engineering and programming. As I was just starting to learn English when I began virtual flying as a child, please excuse the poor English of my earlier posts (2015-2018) 🙂

FlightSim: MSFS2020 | JF BAe 146 Pro - PMDG 737-800 - Fenix A320

System Specs: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA - Intel Core i7 6700K OC  4,3 Ghz - ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC-Edition 11GB GDDR5X - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-2666 - Corsair Hydro Series H110i - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD - Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit - CH Flight Sim Yoke - CH Pro Pedals

One thing you may want to look at, He Who Shall Remain Without Name, is whether you are using DXT3 or 32-bit livery textures.  One of the recommendations from Level-D if your frames take hit is using DXT3 textures instead of 32-bit.  Oh, and really I don't think this is a Level-D Performance issue, but a computer issue.  I run the Level-D for FS9 on a much older and much less powerful system that is 9 years old and get great framerates with it, even with 32-bit textures.

In the files that come with the Level-D is a section on different things you can do to the setup if your frames take a hit.  Have you tried any of those?

Randy

Hi Ramjett,

thank you for your quick answer,

I will try it on my older pc!

But which are the system specifications of your pc?

And yes, I tried many things, but what are the points that gives me performance. Must I set up something special in the manager of the Level-D?

FlyingEngineer

I am an enthusiastic flight simulator pilot from Germany with strong interests in aeronautics, materials science, engineering and programming. As I was just starting to learn English when I began virtual flying as a child, please excuse the poor English of my earlier posts (2015-2018) 🙂

System Specs: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII FORMULA - Intel Core i7 6700K OC  4,3 Ghz - ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC-Edition 11GB GDDR5X - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-2666 - Corsair Hydro Series H110i - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD - Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit - CH Flight Sim Yoke - CH Pro Pedals

I'm not at my home computer right now, so I can't get to the specific section, but I believe it's in the configuration manager that comes with the Level-D.  As for my system, like I said, I bought it brand new in 2005.  It's Intel PIV, ATI Radeon 4XXX something, and the rest I couldn't tell ya.  I'm not that "techie" to have all that memorized.  It's a Gateway that was set up for gaming, but I installed the ATI Radeon from my son's computer when he went to a bigger/better on his system.

When I get home in about three hours I'll look and give you some specifics.

Randy

I will try it on my older pc!

Hi, Flugsimulatorpilot,

I agree with Randy.  I used to run the Level-D 767 on an even older machine than his (a laptop), with no special graphics card or anything.  You have a much better setup.  So I would suggest that you not go back to an older machine -- just try tweaking what you have.  The DXT3 textures might help -- also I believe there are settings for the quality of VC textures in FS9 and for the refresh rate of the instruments in the Level-D software itself -- don't have time to check right now.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Must I set up something special in the manager of the Level-D?

There is a Configuration Manager in the Aircraft folder for each Level-D - one in the non-winglet folder, one in the winglet folder.  Each has a box to check or uncheck for "Use High Resolution Gauges."  Each also has options with respect to the VC, including one that might be particularly demanding on many systems, "VC with wing views and wing reflections."  You can choose the simple VC, or, if you are not using the VC you can just uncheck it.

Hope this helps!

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I know,

but where can I set up the refresh rate of the instruments?

FlyingEngineer

I might be wrong but I think you can't set the instrument refresh rate on the LDS 767.

Anyway, your problem is very strange since the LDS 767 is a VERY FPS-friendly aircraft. In fact, I can't think of any high-detailed, complex aircraft as FPS friendly as the LDS 767 is.

I ran my LDS 767 on FS9 with great FPS for many years and the following system:

Intel i7 860 - It's a quad core at 2.80 GHz, just like yours

ATI HD 5850

4GB of RAM

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

Do I know which gauges or cfgs I can set the refresh rate?

Do you know in which gauges or cfgs I can set the refresh rate

It would be very helpfully!

And what do you mean with friendly fps? 20, 40, 60 ...

Do you use other addons in combination and which operating System do you have?

FlyingEngineer

I agree with Jaime, the LVLD is one of the more frame friendly detailed planes in FS9 and FSX.  On my system in FS9 I usually stayed in the 20-35 frames with payware add-ons and sliders maxed out to the right.  If you use the Lvld config manager you can select some visuals such as VC/noVC etc.  You can also use normal VC panel or Hi-Res VC panel.  Not sure when you say you get "poor performance".  If you mean frames in single digits or low teens then I would say that is poor performance.  In FSX using LVLD I have fair performance (10-25fps) which is not bad for my computer.  You may want to check out your sliders in FS9 if they are set far right.

Hope this will help,

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

And what do you mean with friendly fps? 20, 40, 60 ...

Do you use other addons in combination and which operating System do you have?

Perfect FPS: Refresh rate of monitor (that's usually 60)

Excellent FPS: Half the refresh rate of the monitor (30FPS)

Good FPS: A stable number between 25 and 30

Low but still flyable FPS: Anything between 20 and 25

Unacceptable FPS: Anything below 20. 15 FPS is a disaster, less than that and you'll have a cool slideshow.

From your specs, I'd say what's holding you back is the GPU. 

Try setting the AUTOGEN to the minimum and see what happens.

Also be aware that on Windows 7 32bit, any more than 4GB of RAM won't be recognized. For flight simulation it's essential to have a 64bit OS, so that your FS can use all 4GB of RAM and the rest of applications can run on additional RAM (or VAS)

Also, go on and ask on their support forum. They answer very quickly (within hours usually) and well.

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

I tried many things!

Now the Level-D 767 runs perfect on my PC.

I tried to set the autogen to the Minimum how Alpha Foor said

-> I get 2 fps more

I also deactivated in the program German Landmarks the Landmarks (Castles,bridges,etc.)

-> I get 5-7 fps more

Now I can Approach Mega Airport Frankfurt with the Level-D 767 with ca. 22-28 fps!

Thank you all for your tipps and help

Flusi Pilot 2000

FlyingEngineer