Sign in to follow this  
DetCord

American Concept Livery Thoughts?

So I'm looking for criticism, constructive or otherwise on this American Concept Livery I've been working on. While I really like the new AMR colors, I still think this one could have been a great choice for American as a image rebranding. Love it, hate it, think something should be changed or added? Let me know as it's still a WIP.

Disregard the registration. That was done simply for testing purposes.

Initial design:

Current design:

It looks good although I would keep the original blue and red colours.

I think it looks great as a paintjob.

The only problem I see is that being it's "American" airlines, the logo misses the essential colors of Red, White, and Blue, or at least the traditional, flag-inspired, bold shades of, which is kind of fundamental to the brand.  I would be curious to see what it looked like if you imagined the same, softer-lined, logo in those bolder colors.  I do like it, in that it looks good; I just don't think it fits for the brand in it's current version.

Echo with the above comments, the design is absolutely excellent, however I'd love to see if in red and blue on the white fuselage.

I hated the old AA chrome and like that they've 'taken the shine' off of it with the new scheme. I feel the tail ruins the current AA design, the whole thing is smooth and classy then that big brash tail just ruins it.

Your design is classy and refined, I just think it needs to hit you as 'American' which would come with a change of colour on the text and logo.

PS, I don't suppose you would be interested in a repaint request from me would you? Your work is excellent!

Echo with the above comments, the design is absolutely excellent, however I'd love to see if in red and blue on the white fuselage.

I hated the old AA chrome and like that they've 'taken the shine' off of it with the new scheme. I feel the tail ruins the current AA design, the whole thing is smooth and classy then that big brash tail just ruins it.

Your design is classy and refined, I just think it needs to hit you as 'American' which would come with a change of colour on the text and logo.

PS, I don't suppose you would be interested in a repaint request from me would you? Your work is excellent!

This is my first repaint so I'm still learning the ropes. Once I have this one how I like it, I might have a go at something else.

No problem! Can I ask if you have any tips for where to begin with repainting? It's something I'm very keen to get into

I'm a photographer so have good photoshop skills, I iust don't know where to begin with it. Did you watch YouTube tutorials or follow written guides etc? Your work is brilliant, it's hard to believe it's your first one!

No problem! Can I ask if you have any tips for where to begin with repainting? It's something I'm very keen to get into

I'm a photographer so have good photoshop skills, I iust don't know where to begin with it. Did you watch YouTube tutorials or follow written guides etc? Your work is brilliant, it's hard to believe it's your first one!

No on the tutorial aspect, though I am having issues with certain things so I should probably watch/read a few. If you're like me and have a in-depth grasp of CS, then you'll do just fine. The biggest issue I've had thus far is figuring out how the layers work. Layers are typically self explanatory in CS but  with regards to these paint kits, they're just... odd.

Looking for people that are willing to download two versions and provide feedback. If anyone is interested and has AXE, let me know.

It's not American but I didn't see a point to starting a new thread.

6QNHtLm.jpg

ZA0RcRA.jpg

z6Sgnp2.jpg

Thanks for the down vote igneousrocklad, it's greatly appreciated, mate. Especialy without feedback. What a troll like response. If you think something is wrong or should be changed, then post away. Simply down voting something with such a specific criteria without respone is asinine.

This system AVS has adopted is infantile to say the least. I surely see my days posting here as numbered.

EDIT - Could a moderator remove my account please. I'd rather not have the ability to post with such loathsome individuals.

Thanks for the down vote igneousrocklad, it's greatly appreciated, mate. Especialy without feedback. What a troll like response. If you think something is wrong or should be changed, then post away. Simply down voting something with such a specific criteria without respone is asinine.

This system AVS has adopted is infantile to say the least. I surely see my days posting here as numbered.

EDIT - Could a moderator remove my account please. I'd rather not have the ability to post with such loathsome individuals.

Don't let one troll ruin everything you've done. I think your work is looking good and I know I'm probably not the only one

Reconsider about asking to be removed from AVSim.

Lee

I love the American Airlines one, but, as others stated, the red/white/blue should probably be apparent in order to keep from drifting entirely away from the original livery. It's very pretty on the tail especially. Also, one very small critique; the aircraft that say member of oneworld have no space between the one and the world; it's one word.

The KLM livery looks fantastic and I like how the colors get lighter/darker, it adds a really unique view. I feel like I would miss that really bright blue that covers most of their aircraft though. Have you considered reversing it, like making the fuselage that varying blue with the tail/wording white? I guess that would make it barely different.

I look forward to seeing more of these, they are very fantastic looking and make this hobby fun.

Thanks!