Sign in to follow this  
steve howlett

Black Grid lines under Water

Looking for a few suggestions as to why this has started happening.

I'm using NCA,PNW,NRM and CRM also have FTX Global.also using REX for my water and Sky textures

This only happens at night and doesn't happen outside of the ORBX regions ..i'm thinking it's a waterclass issue.how to fix it is where i'm stuck.

Can't see the gridlines during Day,Dawn or Dusk.

any ideas welcome before i reinstall everything

thanks

steve

I have that too... Something with the water textures.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi ryan

Just tried a reinstall with new AMD drivers and it's the same.also tried without Acceleration,can still see them and also i can see them at dawn and dusk although they are more difficult to see.i thought a reinstall might fix it...just wasted my time.

steve

I had exactly this a while back (though I am using FEX not REX for my water textures). Fixed it with freeware FSWC setting Base Texture Colour Intensity to 100%. No guarantees that will work for you, but worth a try maybe. In any event, if you don't already have it, FSWC is an excellent tool.

I should perhaps mention that I first saw the problem before I installed FTXG. At that time I was running UTX/FEX/GEX. It was particularly noticeable in wide river estuaries and inshore.

Hi all

Just did a reinstall of FSX basic and the lines were there.this was pre SP1 and ACC.so it's got me very confused.

i went right through my drives to make sure every old FSX file was gone including the registry.

so as someone suggested already this is an FSX problem.why i've never noticed this before this week i'll never know.

cheers

steve

I can say for sure that the problem on my system was not there from the beginning, as I happen to have some screenshots of the same area before and after, and the lines ain't there before. What I don't know is before what. I suspect like others, the problem had been there for a while, but I'm making changes all the time and so I can't pinpoint what change caused it. But I'd been running FSX for years without them. I suspect they only appeared after I started changing the default water (with UTX/FEX and later FSWC), but I can't be sure.

I had this over the Channel, pushed up Water Texture to High in the FSX Scenery Menu  and it went away.