Sign in to follow this  
buccirj

X-Plane 10 on 3 Monitors, one PC.

Fella's,

So my search has so far only found that the only way <?> to make use of multi-monitor set up for X-Plane is to use multiple PC's.  Well not an option for me.  I just build a i7-4770K rig and have 3x 27" monitors connected to my nVidia GTX760 card.  Now with FSX and P3D, works fine and projection of the cockpits is to correct size,etc.  But with X-Plane, I either have the image across all three monitors but so darn big its impractical to fly and view all instruments and out the windows or by lowering the resolution to my screen resolution it'll only be viewed on the middle (main screen) and then I have no surround views of the full cockpit panels and windows. 

Is there a way or am I doing something wrong?  I can't believe this simulator can't make use of multi-monitors on one PC, at least I hope it can. 

Cheers,

Rob

In Windows I think you need to first set your monitors to display as a single desktop. Then In the rendering options you can adjust the Lateral Field of View from default 60 up to 170 degrees.  Play around with the numbers until the view looks right to you.

Actually x-plane gives you a ton more options for multiple display systems, as carrot-root said.

1) you need all 3 monitors to be one big desktop with nvidida surround if you want to have the image displayed across all 3 in full screen mode.

2)  you have to set the resolution in the rendering options to match the combines resolution of the 3 monitors

3) then at the bottom look for the field of view (FOV) setting and adjust that to your taste.

Since Xplane and your gfx card will be rendering alot more, you will probably have to lower your settings.

good luck

Yes, carrot root has identified the real issue, setting the FOV correctly.

Though…   xplane has more options than fsx for multiple displays driven on different computers I think it lags behind FSX on options for multiple displays on a single computer.

My main gripe as well as others who have used fsx or other sims is that you cannot pull instrument panels, gps, etc. to other monitors.   A really handy feature if you want your virtual cockpit on your main display and some instruments on another display.

buccirj,

I have also 3x 27 inch from LG

have set nvidia control to conf surround and modified bezel to 5880x1080

within rendering x-plane set the screenresolution as above and the lateral field of view to 110.0

great scenery!

duke

I'm another triple monitor user of X-Plane, FSX, P3D and DCS. With X-Plane as mentioned above, it's pretty much as simple as using NVIDIA Surround and setting the Field of View where you want it.

For my computer, I found my 680 4GB to be a little lacking in the triple monitor category for X-Plane. I had to turn quite a bit down. I am feeling out for a new GPU, possibly a Titan Black. Also I should mention my three 27's are 2460x1440 native so my bezel corrected resolution is 8100x1440. Not so nice for an aging GPU in terms of computer years.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Thank you!  Finally now I can use X-plane!!  you guys were a lot of help!!

Cheers,

Rob