Sign in to follow this  
Guest adlion944

To all who bought Lago's MadDog...

To all the people who bought Lago's MadDog, how does the VC look??? I'm missing floor textures with the install I bought from SimMarket.com. Do the rest of you guys have full VC textures and if so can you post a pic??? If possible can you also post what you guys are getting at night as far as lighting is concerned in the VC? Looks like I may need a new install...Thanks for you help guys, I just want to see is this problem isolated to me or what... This plane is setting up to be another classic in FS design... :-hah

Guest mberg

I'll check on the floor panel. Were you able to get the operator's manual from the FS 2004 Lago icon?

Guest firehawk44

My install was from the Lago shop. No floor textures in my install either. Lighting in the VC is extremely dim. Sorry no pictures. There may be a switch to turn up the lighting (such as in the PMDG 737) but we probably won't know until the manual is released or someone finds it. In my display settings, the slider is up to 8 (the max) so that cannot be the problem. NBerg: According to the Lago forum, the manual is being delayed a "few days" due to problems translating it into english.Jim

Guest panda234

this is starting to sound like a micky mouse release...billg

Guest secks

From what I've heard, the VC gauges are very jerky .. something on the order of .5 sec refresh. Ouch ...

"this is starting to sound like a micky mouse release..."I sure hope not because VC textures aside this is looking like a great product otherwise...

Secks whoever told you that gave you some wrong info. The VC gauges and framerate isn't a problem at all.... What I've found works for me is using only one processor on an HT compatible machine. Most issues like what you've mentioned above get resolved when you do that...Guys I posted this problem on Lago's Tech Support forum. Maybe it would be helpful if you guys chimmed in overthere to stress your having the same issues as I'm seeing concerning VC texture...

Jim you've put a major question to rest for me. You got your install from Lago and I got mine from SimMarket, that's one less factor to worry about. Looks like Lago released a buggy installer...

Guest LLgaz

>>>>>The only way to avoid this? After the release wait for at least to weeks. Then buy and download version 1.4<<<<<<<<:-lol Realised that since the CS727. Now, I do it for every add-on. The ONLY add-on that I intend to purchase immediately is the LDS767. All others I give at least a month.......

Guest bigun

If you want an MD80 panel that is trully amazing as far as accuracy of systems and procedures and flight dynamics that are fantastic you should give the MDMax a try. It has no VC, the exterior model is low poly and the FMC won't be ready for about a month but the panel is amazing. It is definately not a "jump in and fly" package. Simply starting the engines takes a very specific and precise procedure that is much more complex than any add-on I have (and I have most all of them).

What George said. I was a little nervous about buying this because of some unfounded rumours appearing in various forums. Being an MD-8* fan I intended to get either this or the Lago offering. Having seen the stuff that people are complaining about in their forums, I decided to avoid that for now. A serious aircraft add-on released without a manual is not a serious aircraft add-on, in my opinion.I have been so pleasantly surprised by the quality of the MDMAX offering. The manual alone is a tour de force and gives a rapid feel for the work and pride that has gone into this. Also, if anyone was a fan of the original Lago Maddog, the heritage of the MDMAX panel is obvious in that Rudolfo Arato has retained some of the features of the FS98/2k version such as the passenger boarding gauge, but improved on it considerably as befits a version for FS9.Some of the realistic features include:- actual hot-starts if the start-up procedure is not followed correctly;- Ac c of g changes as the pax are boarded in real time; - Trim is an essential feature and must be set correctly according to the w+b info provided as boarding procedes. Someone in their forum suggested that this was more like an MD version of PS1 in that the focus is entirely on systems and procedures. If you're looking for VCs and intricately rendered external models, look elsewhere (at least for now). However, if you're a systems simulation anorak like me, dive in. Oh yeah.. absence of the FMS is a pain for a few weeks. However, given the snags people are reporting with the Lago one, I figure it isn't much of a problem to wait a while for one that works.Another thing to be aware of is that it looks great at 1600*1200 which is the targeted resolution, but people have reported that the loss of detail at lower resolutions is inhibiting. Think CS727 here.Other than that, this is probably the most faithful MD-8* panel you'll find for MSFS.Cheers

The Lago MadDog is actually good, it's just missing some VC textures. I had a nice little test flight last night and I must say this plane is top notch, great FDE... :-jumpy Lago just needs to release the manual, include the missing VC textures, and (this may just be me) do a little more work on the configuration manager...The MadDog within itself is great, the FMC even works correctly right out the box...

Guest DannyW

LAGO Maddog is a bad joke. No manuals, panel comparable to freeware already avaliable. Sound is a mix of default sounds. FMS with no navdata - I know PMDG is supposed to work but there are numerous problems with that. I'd suggest to get one of the freeware panels, merge with SGA model, "the italian sounds" and you're gonna have better result plus 35 Euro saved.

>..., great FDE...hmm, I read on their forum that the FDE was actually quite 'jumpy and nervous' and 'the plane is way to sensitive on control inputs, the pitch sensitivity is the same as your F16!'. These kind of comments makes me hesitate to buy this product.Cheers!Michiel http://members.home.nl/mjagersma/pics/HollandJumpin.gifhttp://members.home.nl/mjagersma/pics/sig_vbird.jpg

Guest jennifer

Danny"..........LAGO Maddog is a bad joke. No manuals, panel comparable to freeware already avaliable. Sound is a mix of default sounds. FMS with no navdata - I know PMDG is supposed to work but there are numerous problems with that. I'd suggest to get one of the freeware panels, merge with SGA model, "the italian sounds" and you're gonna have better result plus 35 Euro saved.........."Are you real? :-xxrotflmao

Guest secks

Andy,From what I've read over at the MDMAX forums so far, yes, this is an incredibly complex and accurate product. The real clincher for me is the lack of VC. I couldn't care less about the external model, but a fluid, crisp VC does wonders for situational awareness. Whenever I fly with a 2d panel, I feel like I'm looking down a soda straw ... whether this is something they will implement down the road is anyone's guess.

Guest mberg

Since I can't get the English Manual yet, I wonder if anyone has it and can attach to e-mail. If not, I would appreciate anyone sending me the start engine sequence checklist. I must be missing a switch somewhere, but with APU going and power supplied to buses and the ignition switch to BOTH, I can't get either engine to start. Have fuel on, pumps and throttle. Go figure.

Yeah, I can care less about the manual I just need some type of a checklist, I am too missing something very simple. Also is there a fix to the font problem on the Autopilot yet gauges, mine are barely readable. Lago's forums don't help me that much.

Guest captandy

To start the engines you need to have both packs off , fuel on,and APU runningAndy

Hi Andy,"Another thing to be aware of is that it looks great at 1600*1200 which is the targeted resolution, but people have reported that the loss of detail at lower resolutions is inhibiting. Think CS727 here."I do have the CS727 (not used since the DF one arrived), but am more wondering what you are saying. Is using it at less than 1600*1200 really bad- or are you saying that it really doesn't matter.Sorry for the lack of clues that I have :). Thanks, Bruce.

Bruce,The panel was created with and designed for 1600*1200. If you run at that res or higher it looks quite beautiful. That's the res I run at and I haven't dropped my res to check, but others have reported that using it at lower resolutions produces a lack of clarity because you're trying to render details at a lower resolution that the designer intended. Therefore, for example, gauge text might be a bit blurry at less that16*12. The same phenomenon afflict the CS727 - at 16*12 all the panel details were crisp and easily discernible. Reduce that and the panel details looked blurry.Take care

That's correct Andy, I haven't had a problem starting the engines on my end at all... :-roll