Sign in to follow this  
SKeller

Transponder Code resets automatically

Hi Bryan,

When I arrive at the gate, the transponder code automatically resets to 2000 during the ground crew dialogue as follows:

Ground Crew: "Cockpit from ground"

Me: "Go ahead"

<transponder code resets to 2000>

Ground Crew: "The chocks are in now and you can release the parking brakes"

Not a big deal, but slightly inconvenient when flying online on IVAO ;-)

I'm using 2.3E Voice Control. In fact, I only found out recently, after having used Emergency NGX since the very day you released it. I just couldn't figure out why my squawk was always "2000" when looking at the IVAO tracker after I had completed a flight. That's why I took a closer look now ;-)

Do you happen to know a workaround for this? I have set "Gate Arr" and "Gate Dep" to NO on the Config panel (because those jetway bells scare the pants off of me). Would this be the problem?

Best regards,

Stefan

P.S. Hope you're doing great sales with your Dash-8 version.

Stefan Keller
ngxu_banner.png                 

ugcx_banner.png

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for clarifying. I was mainly trying to find out whether this behaviour is intentional.

I'm not saying it's an issue. From the IVAO ATC perspective, though, setting xponder to 2000 makes your callsign disappear from the radar screen. Instead, "2000" will be shown in the a/c label on the map. On very busy aprons, this might lead to some confusion at the ATC's end.

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Stefan

Stefan Keller
ngxu_banner.png                 

ugcx_banner.png