Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

Lack of Traffic

I have Traffic 360 and for some reason it is no longer generating traffic like it use to. I've had my sliders in FSX turned up 100% in airline density, general aviation, airport vehicles and the most I can get is about 30 %.I have the latest version of Traffic 360.

I have Orbx PNW, Central Rockies,Southern Alaska, Kjac, Bozeman and all the freeware. Why do you ask?

I have my traffic 2013 and once when I deleted my config file and let it rebuild 

all of my traffic was gone also even the default .  Did you happen to delete or change your config file?   I solved my problem by re installing the ai traffic program.

good luck

I did change a few things in the config. file.

I have Orbx PNW, Central Rockies,Southern Alaska, Kjac, Bozeman and all the freeware. Why do you ask?

I previously had ORBX traffic selected and would not get any other AI traffic, once I turned off the ORBX traffic option my other AI traffic returned.  It worked for me, just thinking of solutions.

MTX and Traffic 360 add a line to the FSX.cfg (IIRC, it is in the the [MAIN] section), which reads something like SimObjectPaths.xx=**, where ** is the location of the folder that contains the models of the AI program within the main FSX directory; it should be "=MyTraffic" for MTX and something like "=Traffic360" (or whatever else that folder is named) for that program.

If you remove the FSX.cfg, or maybe restore some older back-up (or anything else unexpected happens to the file), this entry may be lost, hence no AI traffic will be shown - FSX simply doesn't recognize the location as a source of models and textures!

Another thing that may have happened somehow (although less likely in your case), is that somehow a flight plan in the old FS9 format has been installed. This would cause that all traffic that is based on FSX format flightplans vanish, and only those aircraft following FS9 plan would appear. If you install only one single flightplan, this may seem as if all traffic has disappeared.

I hope this is of help.

Flo

Very informative Florian,/ hayser75...sharing knowledge is what it is all about!

I UN-installed Traffic 360, then re-installed and it seems to work now. But now, my FSinn isn't hooking up, go figure.