Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

Weather Maker Pro Anyone using it ? Activesky

I said that either program can do both but they are specialized in different things.First shot. Just excuse me while I go buy a Crayhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/105983.jpgIt started at 540MB with just FS9 running. Once I loaded the WM program, it began climbing rapidly until it hit 1.5GB and FS quit with an "out of memory" error. Someone needs to learn a thing or two about memory management. I tried twice but ran out of patience since the program takes about 10 minutes to generate its weather.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/105984.gif

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Here are some screenshots I took during a flight from KSGF to KTUL with today's weather in the midwest using Weather Maker Professional.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/105996.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/105997.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/105998.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/105999.jpg

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Guest varignet

Hi,just evaluating whether to buy as2004 or weathermaker pro.Would you -who purchased weathermaker pro- be so kind te let me know the following:Does the 2d panel FLASHES when updating the weather with rendertotexture ON (without panelastexture=0 in the fs9.cfg)?ThanksLuca

Peter-I just got it and it looks very compelling. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time to explore it now-but the first quick observations:You have two choices in the program-to create "dynamic weather" or download "real weather".The create dynamic weather is like fuIII on steriods-you enter temp, dewpoint, pressure, wind speed and direction and select a weather region (united states is more detailed-europe has Uk,spain, france, germany etc.).the program then does some calculations-presents you with a map that you can place cold fronts, warm fronts, high lows, all kinds of weather phenomena. You then click "create" and a scenerio is made for fs.The other option is to download real weather. I don't know yet how it compares to other programs yet (I own active sky). The live info maps such as radar, sigmets etc. is very slick but I get the impression that this might only be for the US (I could be wrong).So far it looks to be a very complex program-and for the price well worth the money.Hopefully someone with a little more time can give a better perspective-but I am very interested so far-even a little excited....http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

>Yeah but then it isn't "real world" weather is it?What??What do you mean by "real weather"?FS even with Active Sky can NOT deliver real weather. I bet if you get of your seat and did some real flying you would find out that what you saw outside your cockpit windows looked quite different from what you saw on the computer screen. What we get is only imperfect approximation of real weather.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Guest Peter Sidoli

GeofFor me the concept is the Exciting bit as This is the way FS2006 should go.FS2006 should have a map interface with the ability to download real world dynamic weather systems.But part of this is a new weather engine which would allow correct pressure systems and their accociated fronts etc.This would match up with Actual and TAFS so that weather moves as per real world and becomes more of a challenge to the sim Pilot.Peter

Guest bobsk8

>>Yeah but then it isn't "real world" weather is it?>>What??>What do you mean by "real weather"?>FS even with Active Sky can NOT deliver real weather. I bet if>you get of your seat and did some real flying you would find>out that what you saw outside your cockpit windows looked>quite different from what you saw on the computer screen. What>we get is only imperfect approximation of real weather.>>>Michael J.>WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB>Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2i do get out of my seat and fly real aircraft and Active Sky does a pretty good job, in my opinion, of dupicating what I see out of the windscreen. What is your definition of perfect?

Managed to run it without memory leaks today.Just a few questions to anyone else who uses it to make sure it works like it should now:The map feature is kind of cool. Did anyone else have a hard time accurately placing features, though? I tried placing some fog over the Golden Gate but it ended up slightly north of it. Objects don't even seem to show up where the cursor is but to the right and below it, while fronts extend to the south or west from the position of the cursor. Also is there any way to delete a feature without resetting the entire process and starting over?There's one button called "Dyno" and one called "Load". The Dyno button isn't explained in the manual. What does it do?I kept getting quite low visibilities - always below 10 miles (I could tell becuase in FS9 the sky turns completely white once visiblity drops to around 10 miles).

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

OK I'm really trying to like this program but I'm about to give up-Why is it that when I place a fog bank over the Golden Gate it ends up in the Sonoma Valley? I tried to set up some VFR weather and could only see for one half mile-If I select 4 kts wind why do I get 20 kts?-If I choose 1150mb press., why do I get ATIS reports of 3396 in. hg? The altimeter is completely scr00d up - it was showing 9000 feet when I was at a couple of hundred :-lol Must be some problem with the conversion either because I'm using Swedish WinXP or because my Internaional setting in FS9 isn't compatible?edit: This is surreal - now it created a Temp/Preassure layer at 6000 feet with a dewpoint of 150F and Temp of 154 :-lol

MSFS / XP

Consider this a "bump" since I think a lot of us are interested in this program, especially compared with ActiveSky. Let's hear some more!Randall

Guest damunn

Hi JimmiG,your problem is not Windows.I have had the same altimeter problems. One minute you are flying along quite happily and the next you have either gained or lost about a thousand feet.The other phenomena if have had the pleasure of is on take-off. you rotate and climb away, and suddenly it's almost as though the air has thinned out so that your plane can't generate any lift, and no matter what you do, you nose dive into the ground. I have had this happen with 2 different aircraft and one helicopter. Scary.I run FSNavigator on a second monitor and have noticed that the wind speed and direction can be different from what it says in the main FS window.I will keep on testing.regards,David