Sign in to follow this  
Arr29

FSX startup error

I have recently built a computer for fsx. FSX installed correctly, but wont let me open it. When I try to open it gives me an error about directx (I'll post the error below). I have updated my drivers and directx and still no luck. I am running Windows 7-64bit and a GTX 760. Please help. Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You need to download and run AppCrashView which provides more details about your crash.  The link to the AppCrashView is located on Page 1 of the AVSIM CTD Guide located to the right of this forum under Hot Spots.

If FSX will not open, it could mean it was not installed properly.  It requires Microsoft Visual C++2005 w/SP1 and 2008 to even open up the application.  If you have FSDT scenery installed, reinstall the AddonManager.  That too will cause FSX not to start up as the installation sometimes gets corrupted.  Even though you say FSX is installed correctly, deleting the Fsx.cfg and restarting FSX and letting the config rebuild fixes a lot of startup problems too.  More suggestions and information are in the AVSIM CTD Guide.

Best regards,