Sign in to follow this  
Louis8

Major wind spikes with opus and 737

Is any one else having this issue --I'm using Opus and as far as I know unless I missed something in the settings at upper cruise Fl330 as an example, not all that frequent but frequent enough the o'l girl will get a good kick in the side and she'll bank then shake a little and go back to normal . It only does it with this bird -it's the only jet I fly anyway as everything else I fly is general airplanes and don't have that problem as with then I'm always at 10,000 feet to maybe 15,000 feet. I read the recommended practices and unless I missed a setting I think she's all set right .But for sure some thing is not normal here.  The wind shifts are very abrupt and I have every thing set to default like they say to do ..

Hey Louis, long time no see. You can set wind smoothing in FSUIPC to only allow a certain amount of degrees per second (or something along those lines). Should hopefully straighten that out for you. Or go to ASN, seriously, so awesome dude. Hopefully see you on VATSIM one of these days.

I get them on rare occasion as well not only with the 737, but also the 777. All this with default OPUS settings like yourself Louis. Its only happened during cruise. Perhaps one of the future updates will correct it.

Chris Sunseri

Ok Rick, i'll try it but Opus says to turn off the weather in FSUIPC . Not to fussy on springing more money for an other weather program . Rob said he had the same problem with the older version of active and now she's all good with the brand new version..Me and Rob are in Kelowna right now  ha has snow and I don't and I'm right beside him and no mention of snow in my report. He said he seen you on Vatsim  a while ago . Pinlifter, looks like I'm not alone and me to it's just at cruise . Oh well an other mystery .