Sign in to follow this  
ingm80

which xplane for which hardware

hi

i have a laptop and am thinking of getting a new one, well new to me budget 300 pounds maybe a little more

was going to get a windows based laptop, but then i though oh why not an apple macbook, thing is i wondering what i would need to run xplane 9 or 10. 

i think a Apple MacBook Air 13.3" Laptop - 2.13ghz MC234LL/A (June 2009) is within my budget

but should i go for say a

DELL E6410 CORE i5 LAPTOP 2.7GHZ 4GB 320GB

if anyone has a view on which laptop to run xplane 9 or 10, i would prefer 10 but i dont think i have money to buy the hardware

if all is equal i should have an apple as i have an ipad and an iphone

thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just for kicks, I once tried to run X-Plane 10 on my old MacBook (aluminum unibody, just before they were rebranded as 'Pros'); it's got similar specs to the one you listed: 2.2 GHz Core 2 Duo, NVIDIA 9400M, but with 8GB of (aftermarket) RAM. Loaded up X-Plane at KSEA completely stock and at it's lowest possible settings and found it unplayable with single-digit framerates.

You're going to need much more horsepower if you're hoping to run X-Plane 10 on a laptop, but at that price-point it starts to make much more sense to build your own rig.

hi

i have a laptop and am thinking of getting a new one, well new to me budget 300 pounds maybe a little more

was going to get a windows based laptop, but then i though oh why not an apple macbook, thing is i wondering what i would need to run xplane 9 or 10. 

i think a Apple MacBook Air 13.3" Laptop - 2.13ghz MC234LL/A (June 2009) is within my budget

but should i go for say a

DELL E6410 CORE i5 LAPTOP 2.7GHZ 4GB 320GB

if anyone has a view on which laptop to run xplane 9 or 10, i would prefer 10 but i dont think i have money to buy the hardware

if all is equal i should have an apple as i have an ipad and an iphone

thanks

Xplane is not going to run good on a Laptop unless its a gaming Laptop.