Sign in to follow this  
mverlin

AI Traffic Runway Usage

Trying to restrict takeoffs and landings to different runways results in FS9 deciding that the runways so designated are closed.

Any thoughts on this matter are appreciated.

??  That's what you are doing, closing them for landings or takeoffs.  So ATC will say this runway is closed.

You've accomplished what you set out to do!

In FS9 you must have both ends of the runway set the same for closed for take-off, or closed for landings. FS9 does not support one way runways. Each end of the runway must match.

Talking about AI here.

Thank you for the information. I thought I had the ends matching, but I'll try it again and see if it will work.

A couple of suggestions:

First, for safest editing in FS9 use Airport Design Editor freeware or AFX payware to keep any added scenery elements in add-ons included in the afcad type "af" files from getting lost. Af stands for airport facilities.

Second, in real world operations where multiple active runways are used (which can be forced for non-parallel runways by using the STAR or CROSSWIND pseudo runway technique) in many cases the longer runways are used for departure to allow for take-off aborts and generally take-off length used minimums are longer than landing minimums. This choice can be affected by noise abatement restrictions as noted on charts.

Glad it is working for you.

I have FS9 Airport Design Editor installed on my system. I used it to modify the airports involved. I set the longer runways for takeoff, the others for landings.

Thank you for your help.

Michael