Sign in to follow this  
Sirxamoc

The Act of Insanity when it comes to CS

After the 4th time of having to clear and reinstall P3D I have decided that Captain Sim will not be invited anymore.  I started eliminating the different planes until I was down to the 727 which you would think would and should work fairly well, but it does not.  Just when I think I can spend more time actually flying the sim, I would run into the  "Prepar3D cannot find saved acft" followed by Prepar3D crashing to desktop.  When I run the event viewer it shows that CS made a call and a change to one of my files.  Enough!

So Aerosoft and Majestic have both been rock solid.  Unless I see a patch or a upgrade to any of CS products they can stay on FSX until the day i can completely wipe FSX off my system.  I know there are some that say they are having no problems with CS, but I for one am and I am tired of trying to make a square peg fit into the round hole.

Are you usong the migrator tool? This was an issue with it and the registry of Captain Sim. It was fixed long ago and I have the 727, 707 and 777 working fine.

Sent from my Mobile thing

I have the migrator tool and Pavlo has been great in responding.  I can get them to work, what I have the problem with is after a while (week or so), P3D on start up cannot find the aircraft files.  Something gets wiped, changed, or corrupted -take your pick.  Then I am stuck with wiping and reinstalling.  I even went to the level of mirroring my drives but after a while that can cause its own issues if you have to keep performing that task.  Even with the migrator, their is some functions or anomalies that still do not work as designed under migrator. 

If we accept that CS or PMDG wont adapt then that forces us to adapt, my own opinion (mine) is that they CS and PMDG are in the business of making profit, if they were not they would be making their products freeware.  The essence of any profit making company is to adapt to their customer base or risk losing potential money.  My time is valuable so spending hours to reload, fix, correct, choose your verb - I am tired of. 

I will support Majestic, Aerosoft, HiFi, and Lockheed Martin - Why because they immediately adapted or are making improvements.

Sorry for the rant but - again I am tired of doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Has CS stated a reason for their position? I just can't I understand it

Has CS stated a reason for their position? I just can't I understand it

I don't think so. They're proving their stance on P3D by simply not doing anything at all.

nd I am tired of trying to make a square peg fit into the round hole.

You pretty much summed up what you are doing at the moment and hence your frustration..

1.its not easy as u think sitting on other side of the fence working out the legalities with Boeing

2. Pmdg never said that they r not doing p3d.infact they have announced that they r doing p3d and 777 is the first one to come out.

3. Boeing 777 is a complex airliner and its not the same as taking the same code and putting it in p3d

4. Your stance on majestic is not completely right.it works rock solid for you not for others who have issues.majestic does not have p3d installer and r currently testing /developing q400 for p3d

5. Once again you pretty much summed up what you are doing..

1.its not easy as u think sitting on other side of the fence working out the legalities with Boeing

Pankaj D since you have a good bead on this topic and seem to know my issues when it comes to round pegs, please enlighten me on why PMDG is having such issues with Boeing and others are not.  Quality Wings on their 757 just came out with a  SP3 for their product and it was designed to make it P3D compataible.  My point was not to disparage PMDG singularly but if the shoes fit!  We are starting to see software companies make the move to support P3D, personally I could care less whether PMDG makes the transition or not, if they provide a  good that I feel is worthy of my money then I will purhcase their product.  Plus let us both acknowledge a lot of issues that comes from comlpex software  has a lot to do with Piracy Protection!  If there code can run on FSX then it should be adaptable to P3D unless you are saying that PMDG is written in a code that cannot be ported over.

As far as Majestic - its runs and it does not crash for me, so until I see something other I can only comment on what I know from experience.  Plus Pankaj D, others feel the same as I when it comes to this topic.

Finally, we are the customers that support whom ever produces software we purchase.  Our support is given by dollars in return for a quality product and responding to our wants - not theirs!

In the L1011 forum when asked about P3D they say "well...we do not say no"

So maybe something will come

Siraxmoc:

1. We both are paying customers and yet differ in perspectives.We are in the same shoes as we want addon developers to adapt to P3D as quickly as possible.On this point we both are on the same base.

2. I dont own Quality wings but checking their site I dont see it being advertised as Boeing Licensed Product.I would assume that they did not have anything to do with Boeing company as such and their addon is mostly based on real d simulators..

3. We paid PMDG our dollars for 777 on FSX. Thats where the buck ends. They never advertised it as a P3D product.So we cant keep saying that we have paid our dollars and hence we expect P3D compatibility too.

4. Our priority is not their prioirity. They are working on getting the SP1 out for 777 which is a priority for them along with -300. And I am sure that they would also be working on P3D compatibility..Its just a matter of time once they are done with SP1 and -300

5. Regarding Majestic you gotta understand that its not a priority for you since it works for you..But it still does not work completelty right for many others. They can keep saying the same thing for Majestic that they are not P3D compatible as of yet inspite of me paying them dollars. Same addon but completely different opinions for two different customers.And officially Majestic has not released P3D compatible installer.So officially its not supported.

Bottom line is allow the addon companies the time to test and release their products for P3D and lets enjoy the product with as less bugs as possible.Thats all I am saying...Dont take it personally as we both agree on point 1 :)

Pankaj D

Yes we can both agree on point one and agree to disagree on the rest.  Let us hope that by the upcoming December time frame (which all profitable companies work towards), we will see a greater offerings towards our hobby!