Hi. Just closed out of the tab I was starting a topic in. Got to retype everything :mad:. Alright, lets start off saying that people say "Read the stickies for more info." I don't know how to access a stickie, so....

Alright. I'm just going to cut to the chase because my other post was really detailed, but I accidentally closed the tab, so here it goes.

FSInn is really awesome, but since day one, I have been having CTD's at least once to twice each time of use. I tried starting it externally, but that, though seemed stable, eventually failed. So, I went back to the internal FSCopilot Control Panel via FSX Add-ons tab. I don't understand! Everybody says FSInn was "Very Stable," but it surely doesn't seem so. Well, I'm not here to criticize. I am just seeking ideas or answers towards how to fix (or prevent) the infamous CTD's that I know FSInn is a big factor of. I installed it correctly as other people have said to (I'm not specific because I'm in a rush, sorry). The only message I get is when FSX says "A Fatal Error Occurred." I can maybe post the Event Viewer log later if somebody replies. But really, it would be much appreciated if someone would help me figure this out. It is really ticking me off. (Again, sorry if my writing seems unspecific or rushed). Does anybody know any common reason FSInn crashes FSX? I run FSX as ADMIN, and non of the modules (beside FSInn UI) are checked as ADMIN. By the way, these crashes don't always happen right away. They seem to only occur either at random (will eventually specify), or when sometimes near other moving aircraft. I don't always say this, but Please Help.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Joe.

Also, might I add, I either tend to crash at random, or sometimes near other aircraft. Thanks.

Joe.

I would also be interested in hearing a solution to this. I experienced the same issue, and could not find a fix. I recently had to transition back to SB.

Connor Anderson

PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP!!! It doesn't happen as often, but it still sometimes happens.

Joe.

I mean, I really prefer not to switch. But since you seem to be the only one that cares, I want to ask a few things about vPilot.

Can vPilot run while FSInn is installed? (not run simultaneously, but can they generally both be on FSX without interfering with one another). I don't want to uninstall FSInn until I know vPilot works just fine for me.

How many features does vPilot have? (more or less than FSInn?)

What kinds of features?

****IMPORTANT****

Most of all, does vPilot have CTD's like FSinn commonly does?

I prefer to ask on these forums because reading other comments isn's always dependable  <_< .

Thanks.

Joe.

It can run with FSInn installed on your machine.

Features? No features like FSInn other than it's developer supports it and answers questions and assists in replying any issues you run into.

I guess one of it's features is that it doesn't have CTD's.

I use to use FSInn but it was buggy. I had to load a default aircraft when using it so it wouldn't crash my FSX. After that I could load the NGX or some other payware.

Richie Walsh

I use vPilot as well. Fire and forget. No hassle. Highly recommended. 

Fill the hard drive with AI packages, and off you go!

I think its an OS thing...its very popular to CTD with FSINN...some friends still use XP and ive seen it very stable.

For me i right clicked on every program under FSDT in my start menu and checked off run as administrator.

Then it still happened....so i ran it in XP SP2 comaptibility mode. That got it to run from the start menu NOT the menu from FSX.

That being said, my fsinn is totally obsolete at the moment. vPilot with UT2 is fantastic.

George Kyriazis | www.georgekonline.com

ELB729.png

Honestly, about FSInn, why do they claim it's so stable? I mean, when was the last time it was even updated? One thing, above most, that truly bothers me is that the Help documentation on the control panel ISN'T EVEN  COMPLETE :mad:!!! You would think that'd be the first thing to put onto the control panel.

Alright... my tantrum is over.

Anyway, about vPilot... All I need that FSInn had:

- Is there an ability to chat with the ATC?

- (Not needed completely) Can I send a flightplan to the tower?

- (General) Can I put down remarks that I fly with AAVirtual?

- A list of any of its features would be great. Thank you.

Joe.

Is there an ability to chat with the ATC?
- (Not needed completely) Can I send a flightplan to the tower?
- (General) Can I put down remarks that I fly with AAVirtual?

Yes, you can chat to anyone: .chat "callsign"

Yes, you can send a flight plan and there is a RMK field.