Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

Orbx Northern California Tour - Leg 7

Orbx Northern California Tour - Leg 7

Flightplan: NCA Leg 7 - Sky Vector (201 nm / 2 hrs)

Starting at Ells Field-Willits Muni (O28) the route heads towards the Pacific Coast with a first stop at Little River (KLLR), then down the coast 37nm to The Sea Ranch (CA51) before heading inland to Healdsburg Muni (KHES). The route then turns back the northwest with stops at Cloverdale (O60) and Booneville (D83) before turning northeast to Ukiah (KUKI). The next stop is Lampson (1O2) then 33nm over the Mayacmas Mountains to Angwin-Parret Field (2O3) located high in the hills above Napa Valley between Calistoga and St Helena. The final leg will take us over Lake Berryessa to Sacramento Valley finishing at Watts Woodland (O41).

NCA+Leg+7.jpg

Recommended Scenery: Orbx FTX Northern California (NCA) Regional Scenery

Recommended Aircraft: Beech Bonanza or your favorite GA aircraft capable of 140+ knts speed)

Time: Saturday May 3, 19:00 UTC

Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel

Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com

Multiplayer FSX Multiplayer (IP will be provided on Teamspeak)

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Looks good. I hope there are some interesting facts along the way. Point of order Mr Chairman. Can anyone join these trips or is it RTW blokes (and supporters) only?

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Can anyone join these trips or is it RTW blokes (and supporters) only?

Anyone can join Ron... but the join fees are higher for Non-RTW.

but the join fees are higher for Non-RTW.

Seems reasonable. :good:

The invitation open is to any and all.  Delighted to welcome any newcomers to our merry band of intrepid tourists.

I'm having a very busy work week and don't know if I will have time to work up a narrative for this leg. Feel free to post anything interesting that you find.

As far as I know only the join fee only applies to Rob :rolleyes:

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

The good news is Jeff has planned a flight for us all to fly on Saturday...

The bad news is he won't be there to fly with us (all).

The bad news is he won't be there to fly with us (all).

No such luck Rob,  I'll be there this Saturday, but gone for the two following weekends.

26aLetj.png

:LMAO:

Hope to make this weekend it in the Wittman Tailwind. A FSX flight plan has been uploaded to TS - "Casual Flight" channel - File browser. KLLR = O48 & KHES = O31 in FSX.

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

What the hell is a Wittman Tailwind? :blink:

EDIT: Just checked it out. :nea:

I'll be in a Bonanza or an RV7

Thanks for the FP. :good:

To get started, here is a little travelogue for Jeff's Northern California Leg 7. (Taken mostly from Wikipedia.) You can download it from this dropbox location.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

A good opportunity to dust off one of the "all time greats", the Real Air SF.260. The open canopy will give good views of the beautiful Northern California scenery below.

The aircraft.cfg title of this particular aircraft is "SIAI-Marchetti SF.260 Left  RWB".

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

A good opportunity to dust off one of the "all time greats", the Real Air SF.260. The open canopy will give good views of the beautiful Northern California scenery below.

The aircraft.cfg title of this particular aircraft is "SIAI-Marchetti SF.260 Left  RWB".

Hey Mike,

If your TAWS gauge starts annunciating "Terrain, Terrain, Pull Up, Pull Up" I suggest that you ignore the "Pull Up" directive. :smile:

26aLetj.png

The open canopy will give good views of the beautiful Northern California scenery below.

Great way to prevent the wings from obstructing the scenery.

Peter, I've given you a like because after 5799 posts NO-ONE has liked anything you've written! That is just NOT ON! :mad:

Are you joining us on Saturday?