Sign in to follow this  
dho112

I have the momentary freezes, but not with with NGX

But the thing is that I did NOT DO anything else except that update (I keep a log).

And ever since I cant get it to freeze even if I try (like 4x accelerated flight, OPUS weather on all cores, sliders maxed, etc)

Just disregard it if it does not help you, but I am going to keep mentioning it to others.

In the mean time I installed UTX USA and Canada and still no freezes :-)

We've had Ops Center version 1.6.1 for months and only people who haven't opened the Ops Center at all won't already have the latest. Updates are automatic.

ki9cAAb.jpg

We've had Ops Center version 1.6.1 for months and only people who haven't opened the Ops Center at all won't already have the latest. Updates are automatic.

When you reinstal Windows and FSX from scratch you have the initial Ops Center that came with the PmDG777 download again. v1.0 !

That is what happened to me.

Anybody who reinstalls.....has v1.0 !

I flew a bunch of times like this and had freezes. up to 10minutes!

then I wanted to submit a support ticket about something and thus the Ops Center ran for the very first time in my new installation.

And thus it wanted to update from version 1.00 to v1.61 and I let it.

No freezes since!

Rob Robson

When you reinstal Windows and FSX from scratch you have the initial Ops Center that came with the PmDG777 download again. v1.0 !

Exactly what I did, and I get freezes. How exactly do you think the Ops Center update made a difference?

ki9cAAb.jpg

Exactly what I did, and I get freezes. How exactly do you think the Ops Center update made a difference?

So did you update the Ops Center or not?

I dont know, it makes no sence at all.....but I have not had freezes since.

(its not that long ago, and I have only about 10 flights so far that you could call a halfway descend test flight (KJFK to KLAX), so who knows what happens on longer flights.)

I am installing UTX/GEX at the moment (something I would not have started if I still had freeze problems), so I will not be able to test under the exact same conditions anymore.

But if anything, my CPU load should increase with that, so if I still do not get freezes, then that proves even more that things are fixed here.

As for what changed:

I have no idea how the Ops Center works......but......t

This is just an idea ok, so dont shoot me for thinking out loud please......the PMDG777 constantly checks online that is a genuine version, does it not?

I mean I constanty hear fellow simmers that have problems with instruments all of a sudden going nuts in cruise flight and if I remember correctly that is an activation problem right?

And another guy had a problem where only one gear would retract because he did not have a genuine version......again something that can only happen if a background check kicks in at some point during the flight, right?

What if the Ops Center is responsible for checking the validity of the key?

Then an update could improve this background checking that is going on, and maybe the older version had a problem that would cause freezes?

Another idea is.....and this has nothing to do with the Ops Center.....that my fresh install needed some warmup time.

I am no programmer so forgive me if this is impossible.....but......everytime you run Windows and start programs and close them and reboot Windows, etc etc.....it seems to me things can change in the inner workings of Windows.

Sometimes Windows gets worse and worse over time for no apparant reason.

Maybe in my case it just got better after two/three weeks of use?

If I can come up with more stuff I will post it haha.

And listen, just for the record,......I am not trying to proove the Ops Center is bad, or the update fixed the freezes.

To be honest I could care less what fixed it (if it is fixed) or who finds the real cause of the freezes.

All I am trying to do here is pass on an experience in the hope that it might help someone else as well.

Even if it does not make sence....what the heck.....I will pass it on cause it cant hurt to try it.

Rob Robson

Before a flight I always reboot my PC and it does help.

Dave Taylor gb.png