Hi Folks,

I´m looking for a new HOTAS setup as my old X45 is now officially declared dead.

There´s the Warthog and then there´s the Rhino.

I mostly play combat sims like DCS Black Shark, DCS A10, War Thunder, IL2, Falcon BMS.

Any advice and hands on experience is welcome.

I have the Warthog and wouldn't trade for any other offering currently available. The build quality is beyond any other "hobby" HOTAS and the immersion factor max.

That said, the most common complaint seems to be the stiffness of the joystick. Some users have modified or removed springs. Personally, I have no problems with it.

The biggest advantage of the Rhino (besides price) seems to be the interchangeable joystick springs. If you like the feel of the X45 you may be happier with the Rhino.

Full disclosure: I have not had hands on with the Rhino. But, the Warthog fits my hand like a custom.

Hope this helps....