Sign in to follow this  
stretch1365

DC6

luv the oldies!!! I will be there for that one...

I have to admit, this is the aircraft I'm currently looking forward to it's release the most.  I love the DC-6B, great plane, great nostalgia and to me a piece of artwork.  I currently have the Just Flight version of the DC-6B, which is fun to fly and not a bad piece of software, I use it in both FSX & P3Dv2.2.  I can't imagine how outstanding PMDG perfection will make this beauty.  Very exciting news that it's still in the works and serious production may begin soon.  Thanks for the mini update Robert.

TD

Heck, I'd be a fan if some of the classics or turboprops were released in a manner like the JS41 (a slightly lighter offering), or even B1900 (something you can get load up and go pretty quick with).

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Hi all,

Well I wasn't really interested in any details of when the DC6 will be released. In my OP all I asked was whether the DC6 was still being worked on! PMDG won't tell anyone a release date, they don't work like that. Still great news that the DC6 is going to happen  one day though.

Somebody asked above about high quality old prop aircraft for FSX. Well I would suggest looking for the A2A Stratocruiser with Accusim which is a great old 4 engined passenger liner from the 1940/1950's which comes with a Flight Engineer if you want to just fly it, or you can do it all yourself. Great to learn about props with it. Alternatively the Ulver DC2 is a great fly too, with significance given to engine management so again a good one to learn with. Failing all of those, the A2A B17 Flying Fortress or even the Aerosoft Catalina are sure worth a look at and very realistic if you want something more military to try.

Sometimes after flying the modern airliners we are all so fond of, especially the PMDG ones, I like to have a change for a while and fly the old airliners and some GA planes too, maybe even a few military jets before returning to the modern civilian airliners. There is just so much to do with flight simulator I never get bored.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.