Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lost_in_Isaan

I Installed Something I Shouldn't Have

I've corrupted the grasslands of all my default and self designed airports with an overlay that I can't find now. (Payware airports are OK). Been through all the folders I can think of eg. Addon Scenery, Scenery, Textures, etc. tried different detail1.bmp files (only changing the resolution of runways, taxiways etc).

Does anyone recognise this and where to get rid of it?

Edwards AFB but ALL airports world wide are the same.

Thank you.

KEDW1.jpg
KEDW2.jpg
KEDW3.jpg

Regards

Bruce

GA-965P-DS3 Rev3.3 Bios F14d + E8600 Clocked at 4GHZ + 2x2Gb Corsair 8500 + Gigabyte GTX260-OC

Xp Prof SP3

How did you corrupt the texture, did you run a program installer?

\Robert Hamlisch/

I can't remember, other than I did!! I'm sure if it was an installed addon I could find it in the Addon Scenery folder. If it was a texture change I would have backed up the originals as I'm normally paranoid about thoes sorts of things.

Wasn't really a problem until I installed ORBX Global and Vector after which it was obvious this grassland (photogen) texture should not be there.

Regards

Bruce

GA-965P-DS3 Rev3.3 Bios F14d + E8600 Clocked at 4GHZ + 2x2Gb Corsair 8500 + Gigabyte GTX260-OC

Xp Prof SP3

Maybe a scenery.cfg layering issue.  I'll email my address to you, send me your scenery.cfg from the ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX folder and I'll have a look at it.

\Robert Hamlisch/

You havnt got gex installed  as well since I think  ftx global doesn't  go to well  together 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Robert, I have sent the file.

Thank you for your efforts.

Peter, no I am not using GEX. I had this grassland installed prior to (many years) buying Global/Vector.

Regards

Bruce

Xp Prof SP3

Hi Bruce,

I checked your Scenery.CFG and it has nothing in it except for the generic scenery.  You did get it from C:\ProgramData|Microsoft\FSDX correct?

Check your email Bruce.

\Robert Hamlisch/

Thanks again Robert, as I said, I will not let it beat me!

If I can find the default location for the airport grassland *.bmp or *.dds files that would be a great start.

Regards

Bruce

Xp Prof SP3

I think that the REX guys have a grass that is free to download on their site which can replace the default FSX grass and is more realistic. Maybe this will at least point you in the direction of where to find the problem textures.

Greg Hutcheon

I've looked at that, it's just a resolution upgrade of the detail1.bmp file. Not an actual grass replacement.

Whatever the problem is it's either overlaying the taxi_grass_xx.dds files in the texture folder or the Land Class 95/96 GRASS_SKIRTING - bmp files 139 and or 140 eg. 139b2fa1.bmp in the \..\scenery\world\texture folder.

Regards

Bruce

Xp Prof SP3

Getting closer, replaced all the 139_xxxxxxx.bmp files with the originals. Colors back to where they were some time ago but I'm thinking global and vector enhancements have been removed.

Displayed is a grass land enhancement (resolution) in the FTX Aero (REX) pack. detail1.bmp file, just for information.

KEDW4.jpgKEDW5.jpg

Regards

Bruce

Xp Prof SP3

Yes it does look better Bruce.  Good work!

\Robert Hamlisch/