Sign in to follow this  
Nixon

How different is the 777-300ER from the 200LR?

I know that the 300ER is approximately 10.2 metres longer than the LR, that the max takeoff weight is 4,000 kg greater and the max landing weight is around 31,000kg more. The 300ER engines produce 514 kN of thrust whilst most 200LR engines are derated to 490 kN and a few to 512 kN. 

I therefore assume that on occasions the 300ER vref  landing speeds will be greater. I presume that taxing the 300ER will be more difficult due to the increased length (that's why a taxi camera is provided) and that tail strikes are more likely. As the 777 is a fly by wire aeroplane I assume that the the control feel of the two types will be designed to be as similar as possible. I expect there may be more emergency exits in the 300ER.

So my question is: Have I missed any other obvious differences? If I haven't then it appears to me that the differences between the two 777 types are far less than the differences between the 737-600 to 900. 

The 777-300er range is 14,490 km. While the b777-200lr has a  range capable up to 17,395 km, and can fly to Singapore from New york.

Also the cargo capacity on the b77w is greater than the 200lr version. For more information visit here.

The 777-300er range is 14,490 km. While the b777-200lr has a  range capable up to 17,395 km, and can fly to Singapore from New york.

Also the cargo capacity on the b77w is greater than the 200lr version. For more information visit here.

Thanks for that. I think you will find that for the full extra range the LR has to be fitted with the three auxiliary tanks.

I am wondering what difference I will feel when hand flying the 300ER as compared to the 200LR? I would be surprised if there is a noticeable difference as I would expect the fly by wire capability of both types being designed to make flying each as similar as possible.

Cockpit differences?

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Cockpit differences?

Ground Maneuvering Camera System (CAM button on the Synoptic panel - where the blank button is on the -200's) & Camera Lights (Above left seat on overhead). Then an extra door on the door synoptic, possibly different zones on the AIR page. 

The rest I think it's the same customization options for the airlines (different TCAS panels, Cabin Cameras, EFB etc..). 

Might be missing something but I think that's it really! 

Might be missing something but I think that's it really! 

Semi-levered landing gear, but that won't be too noticeable from the flight deck.

Kyle Rodgers

I just had a quick scan of the normal procedures to familiarize myself with the normal indications on the overhead panel lights, five mins.   From thereon I got in and flew the aircraft and never looked back!

The truth is that what goes on behind the scenes in the simulation is enormously complex but that translates to serious automation and an easier flight experience overall.   IN terms of scans and flows very much like the NGX, but easier still.  

Most of the more complex things that you can tinker with is in the FMC in my opinion but that you can study in your own good time and then do your flights progressively more complex as you get more proficient. 

That is the fun with all these simulations - you can do them as it fits your needs and standards :-).   The bottom line is if you can fly the NGX you won't have any difficulties with the 777.   Go ahead and get it!

Kind regards