Sign in to follow this  
MDF86

EZDok Issue - Saved Views are changing

I have a problem with Ezdok whereby I set up a custom camera, assign it to a joystick button, and then that view changes slightly during the flight.

For example, I have a view set up which is just a top down view of the FMC in the virtual cockpit. Before the flight I entered this view by clicking my joystick button, then programmed my flight.

I'm now mid-flight and have gone to look at the FMC again so have pressed my joystick button, and the view has shifted. Now, instead of the FMC being centred in my view, it's 2 inches to the left and a bit higher, meaning half of the FMC is now "out of shot".

Has anyone else had this? I can't see that there's an official EZDok support forum unless I've missed it?

Thanks

Martin

The shifting view problem is a long standing bug. Basically your viewpoint gets shifted around by an offset that grows the farther you are from the "origin" point. Therefore, the larger the aircraft you're in, the larger the offset and the more noticeable it gets. The offset becomes an issue when the aircraft changes direction. You can see this easily by putting the AC in slew mode while looking at your FMC camera view (or the like) and rotate rapidly. You'll see the view move around slightly in circles.

I ran into this bug a long time ago when trying to configure EZdok with the PMDG MD-11. It drove me mad until I found a post detailing the above. You'll see the issue in pretty much anything larger than a typical GA aircraft.

The best thing you can do to mitigate this is set up the view and then "slew"/rotate as I mentioned, and try to get the view centered in a way that keeps the FMC in view no matter which way the AC is pointing.

Hope that's helpful.

Thanks Molleh, that's very useful! Funnily enough I have noticed it a lot more since I started flying the 777!

Ok, so it's not just me recognizing this issue. It also happens to my NGX too. :/

Philipp Schwaegerl